• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Limited

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Civil Enforcement Limited

All they seem to do is dismiss my application implying my template was not correct pointing out some mistake but did not mentioned any figures also as I stated they did not submit timed photo of my car they specified that I parked over 2 hours which I dispute. the attached documents must have been scanned in hurry all the pages were scanned wrong way. I'm suppose to get answer by the 10th July

Comment

Should be fine.

M1

Comment

Good news won my case POPLA said Operator has failed to prove that the parking charge amount is a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

Comment

Originally posted by newroad View Post
          Good news won my case POPLA said Operator has failed to prove that the parking charge amount is a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
          Shocked

M1

Comment

I got a pcn from these dudes last month although I was an authorised parker in the relevant car park. I just let them write a couple of bullying, pointless letters, then got the proprietor of the car park to write to them to cancel the charge. Got a letter back from CEL confirming charge cancellation. Feels good that they have paid DVLA £2.50 and spent postage on letters which were getting them nowhere lol

Comment

I have just recieved county court paperwork now for a parking offence they claimed happened last April. I paid £2 for 2 hours, I bought the ticket after 4 minutes after arriving, they have me on ANPR leaving after 1hour 8 minutes luckily I still have my ticket. But I ignored their demands and those from the debt recovery agency after reading online they will just go away. What will happen If I go to court after ignoring them for so long. I'm really disgusted that they send these threatening letters unjustifiably. I'm also gutted my mate who I was with threw his ticket away to prove he paid. Even though he had to enter his registration into the machine to obtain a ticket, where does he stand on this.

Comment

You can be penalised in costs for not following the pre action protocols IF they sent a proper letter before action and you ignored that. Ignoring everything else doesn't really matter.

They rarely go all the way to court. It has been known though http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...ally-turn.html

You should go to the courts website and file acknowledgement of service. Then i would scan your ticket and ask CEL directly what they are playing at and hope they see sense and discontinue. If that fails a defence will need to be entered.

As for your mate he can still beat them if they come after him as Mccafferty shows

M1

Comment

I've sent the court acknowledgement paperwork back, but ignored I've ignored absolutely everything CEL sent as I had a ticket so as far as I was concerned they were in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger69 View Post
                    I've sent the court acknowledgement paperwork back, but ignored I've ignored absolutely everything CEL sent as I had a ticket so as far as I was concerned they were in the wrong.
                    They can still win if you don't sort it out. Crazy as it might be, but a court doesn't know you've paid until you give them evidence. It's easier to get them to back down than prepare for court so that's the best way unless you are set on a day in court.

M1

Comment

Hi
                      A little advice needed. I received a parking charge off CEL 2 hour car park. I was in one shop 2 1/2 hours Laura Ashley choosing curtains and wallpaper for new home. I did purchase so have a receipt.
                      As I an ex retail manager of a retail park store I know stores have contacts to get tickets cancelled. So I got one of the stores to email company and they still say I have to appeal normally which infuriates me as had I had the foresight on the day it probably could of been cancelled. I have a statement from store manager to say I was in there.

Also another complicated issue is I'm only temporarily in the country til august so if I appeal I probably won't know my outcome till I've left. I wouldn't worry if it wasn't my mums address (she will worry) and my worry is if I return to uk and I have this hanging over my head.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Lil'one View Post
                        Hi
                        A little advice needed. I received a parking charge off CEL 2 hour car park. I was in one shop 2 1/2 hours Laura Ashley choosing curtains and wallpaper for new home. I did purchase so have a receipt.
                        As I an ex retail manager of a retail park store I know stores have contacts to get tickets cancelled. So I got one of the stores to email company and they still say I have to appeal normally which infuriates me as had I had the foresight on the day it probably could of been cancelled. I have a statement from store manager to say I was in there.

Also another complicated issue is I'm only temporarily in the country til august so if I appeal I probably won't know my outcome till I've left. I wouldn't worry if it wasn't my mums address (she will worry) and my worry is if I return to uk and I have this hanging over my head.

TIA
                        Are you within the 28 appeal deadline ? Are you the registered keeper ?

You can use an overseas address.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          Are you within the 28 appeal deadline ? Are you the registered keeper ?

You can use an overseas address.

M1
                          Hi yes only received first letter 7 days ago. And I am registered keeper but will only have car til August.

can I appeal and put future correspondence to an oz address? Being overseas are they more likely to drop it?

TIA

Comment

Well that should be simple enough really.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of Laura Ashley for which i enclose a copy of a receipt. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Please note that as of xxxxxx i am moving to Australia. All correspondence from this date should be addressed to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I will also accept email to xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please accept my appeal or send a popla code.

Yours etc

A popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter edited to suit has a great success rate. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

There may be a CEL specific appeal on this very thread if i recall correctly which would require less editing.

There is no guarantee they will use an Australian address but they should.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              Well that should be simple enough really.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was a customer of Laura Ashley for which i enclose a copy of a receipt. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Please note that as of xxxxxx i am moving to Australia. All correspondence from this date should be addressed to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I will also accept email to xxxxxxxxxxxx

Please accept my appeal or send a popla code.

Yours etc

A popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter edited to suit has a great success rate. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

There may be a CEL specific appeal on this very thread if i recall correctly which would require less editing.

There is no guarantee they will use an Australian address but they should.

M1
                              Hi

thank you so much for you help. I am penning my response now.

i just read something on another thread from one of your links. Is there a time limit that they have issue the notice by? Offence on 3/7/14 letter sent 17/7/14 so would of only received 18/7/14. If it's 14 days they are just over.

TIA

Comment

For an ANPR notice (not a ticket on the car)

To hold the keeper liable.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

Right to claim unpaid parking charges from keeper of vehicle

4(1)The creditor has the right to recover any unpaid parking charges from the keeper of the vehicle.

(2)The right under this paragraph applies only if—

(a)the conditions specified in paragraphs 5, 6, 11 and 12 (so far as applicable) are met; and

6(1)The second condition is that the creditor (or a person acting for or on behalf of the creditor)—

(b)has given a notice to keeper in accordance with paragraph 9.

(4)The notice must be given by—

(b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.

(5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

(6)A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so “given” for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X