• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita Parking Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equita Parking Bailiff

Hi i dont know if anyone could help me, While i was at work i had a visit from a bailiff and he left a bailiff letter and i sticker on car to say not to be removed has it had been seized and a notice of seizure and inventory of goods for an unpaid parking fine which i am not sure about as both letters had an address of where i used to live a few years ago but the hand delivered letter was delivered to my new address with old address on it and the bailiff wants £659.44 i am not entirely sure what this is for i did get parking fine a few years ago but i appealed it and didnt hear anything so asummed appeal was successful and this was done at my current address not my old one but i think it is a completely different fine and Surely they should of warned me beforehand i know the car is registered at a different address but in my name but this is first i have heard about this. if it is my fault i would pay it but not nearly £700 i am not sure what to do and i dont want to lose my car as i take kids to school and on day trips. Any advice would be good as i am a little scared
    Tags: None

Re: Equita Parking Bailiff

Hi Azza and welcome to Legal Beagles.

The brain-dead idiot from Equita cannot push a letter through your door and levy on the same visit. The relevant legislation is the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993-2003. You have not been given an opportunity to pay and Equita needs to be put on notice of this. You also need to speak to the local authority involved. However, I feel you would achieve more if you speak to a legal professional about this. If you are on a limited income, your local Law Centre or Community Legal Service (CLS) office can provide you with free or very low-cost legal advice/assistance. Local authorities tend to take matters more seriously if they are routed through legal professionals than if you attempt to deal with it yourself.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Have a read. It tells you everything you need to know. Anything else, just post back up.

Comment

Bailiffs take it for granted that you will not be aware of your rights. If a bailiff pushes past you when you open your door, or puts his foot in the door to prevent you from closing it, he is deemed to have forced an entry rendering his distress warrant unenforcable. If a car they seek to sieze is in a garage, they can only break in to the garage if it is NOT joined to your house. They can climb over a fence, but they can't break it down. If they do break it down, they can be done for criminal damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Stemax1960 View Post
          Bailiffs take it for granted that you will not be aware of your rights. If a bailiff pushes past you when you open your door, or puts his foot in the door to prevent you from closing it, he is deemed to have forced an entry rendering his distress warrant unenforcable. If a car they seek to sieze is in a garage, they can only break in to the garage if it is NOT joined to your house. They can climb over a fence, but they can't break it down. If they do break it down, they can be done for criminal damage.
          A lot of certificated bailiffs do not realise that if they force entry by pushing you aside, in addition to invalidating the distress warrant, they commit offences of assault and burglary/attempted burglary.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X