• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Here is the link to the new thread M1 and I will add all the info to there, I am starting to scan it now and will delete the Personal info >>
    >>http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ewthread&f=313
    Many thanks again M1

Comment

hi there newbie here to this forum. just spent the best part of 6 hrs trying to read up on parking eye as my mum was out with a blind friend who has a blue badge and parked in a car park monitored by parking eye but as the disabled bay was occupied she parked in a regular space but displayed our friends blue badge their "parking invoice" started she was in the car park 54 mins with the usual £60 if paid within 14 days or £100.

as many others have said advice seems to be to ignore but after alot of reading of this thread i would b grateful for any advice on how to proceed with this.

Comment

When did the ticket arrive ?

M1

Comment

date offence 16th
          date issued 21st
          got letter 23rd

Comment

Got letter yesterday ?

Hope so that makes it easy.

M1

Comment

Appeal which they'll probably reject and then appeal to pola and win.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was displaying a blue badge. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

PLease accept my appeal or supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should the reject your appeal then edit this popla appeal to suit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Does it work ? Yes http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1

Comment

yes had been out most of the day and she opened it when we got back you could say shes not a happy bunny and is a bit like a dog with a bone lol
                Last edited by sonic71; 24th May 2014, 11:19:AM.

Comment

Should be an easy win if you follow the above then

M1

Comment

do you think its worth mum adding the blue badge number to the letter or not

Comment

Won't do any harm but it won't do any good either.

M1

Comment

Hi all,

I am a newbie here and you know what I am here for.
                        I received a notice from ParkingEye last week for I have overstayed in their parking lot at Guardino services on 24th May 2014 for 53 mins (2 hr 53 mins in total) with my car pics asking for a 60£ charge within 18th june or else 100£. It was a long weekend and as we were waiting at the services for another friends family travelling from Reading to join us to continue our trip to cornwall. It was raining that day and due to heavy traffic in M4 the other friends were taking long to reach the place and we were waiting at the food court munching some stuff from KFC. I am not sure any of us still carry the receipts for what we have purchased there. Only after receiving the notice letter I remembered my mistake of overstaying and not paying for the ticket.

I was too close to paying the amount yesterday and luckily something struck me to check the forums for any such complaints. Lucky that I found this thread and similar threads asking people to ignore such complaints. And for the recent complaints there are suggestions to appeal by some way or the other which I am not clearly understanding how the process is.

I was informed just now by my wife that I have received another letter from them today which I have not checked it yet.

If somebody here could help me on this, I would be very grateful and continue my duty of passing information to the newbies like me in the coming days.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Lodge an appeal immediately. Once denied submit a popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter and win.

M1

Comment

Thanks for your quick response mystery1.
                            By appeal I hope you mean to go to their website and fill the appeal form there. Is there any specific text I need to write in the 'Appeal Details' section there?
                            Also, the form asks for my personal details like phone/email, should I really provide them such information?

Comment

Not really. Any of the examples on this thread will be ok. Try not to name the driver at this stage.

If you don't want to give away info then don't. They will, however, need a way to contact you so as to give you the result of the appeal. Any line that requires info you don't want to give should be left blank or a . to so if it accepts it. If not then it's either give it or fake it. Faking it will not look good if it's shown to a judge though.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.
                                I have made an appeal at their site asking for a POPLA code if they deny my appeal.
                                The appeal form requires me to choose whether I am a Registered Owner/ Driver / Registered Owner and Driver for which I chose Registered Owner as they anyway got my name and address.

Below is what appeared on the site when I submitted my form:

Thank you for contacting ParkingEye, we acknowledge receipt of the appeal.

We endeavour to respond to all appeals as soon as possible. Whilst we consider an appeal the parking charge amount will not increase. Please note that a full written response may take up to 14 days.

- which is very good that they acknowledged it and the amount will not increase until they respond.
                                I will keep this thread posted on what happens to me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X