• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Hi. I received a parking fine from the company parking eye too. When I received the first letter a friend told me to just ignore it and after some research on the internet I found the same advice. I followed this advice and ignored the letter and then received a few follow up letters from parking eye themselves and then also 2 letters from a debt recovery firm. The last letter from the debt recovery firm stated 'notice of intended court action- unpaid parking charge', and said 'to prevent the case being passed to the creditor's solicitor to commence court proceedings, you must pay the full amount...' What you advice would be on this please?

Thanks,
    Sophie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
      Hi. I received a parking fine from the company parking eye too. When I received the first letter a friend told me to just ignore it and after some research on the internet I found the same advice. I followed this advice and ignored the letter and then received a few follow up letters from parking eye themselves and then also 2 letters from a debt recovery firm. The last letter from the debt recovery firm stated 'notice of intended court action- unpaid parking charge', and said 'to prevent the case being passed to the creditor's solicitor to commence court proceedings, you must pay the full amount...' What you advice would be on this please?

Thanks,
      Sophie.
      Is the registered keeper the driver ?

If yes post up the letter minus personal details. If not send the driver name and address to them as this stops keeper liability in it's tracks and the driver starts afresh and can appeal and, if needed, go to popla.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Gavandeshaq View Post
        Yeah, I am the driver and the keeper, no other people drive my car.

I live in Wales, where the 'offence' took place, and then I've come back to stay with my parents for Christmas in England, I'm wondering what they'll be able to do to chase me up once I go back to Wales...

Send round a sheep with blue and yellow Battenburg markings sprayed on its fleece and a battery-powered blue flashing light strapped to its head. :grin:
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          Is the registered keeper the driver ?

If yes post up the letter minus personal details. If not send the driver name and address to them as this stops keeper liability in it's tracks and the driver starts afresh and can appeal and, if needed, go to popla.

M1
          Thanks for your reply. This is the letter.
          Attached Files

Comment

If the letter you have posted up has DCP's CCA Licence Number on it, that is good. Because I would be inclined to make a formal complaint against them to OFT's Credit Fitness Team with a copy to your local Trading Standards Department. DCP has, in all probability, breached OFT rules and regulations governing debt collection. Once they receive sufficient complaints, OFT should move to take action.

Comment

Originally posted by Sophie View Post
              Thanks for your reply. This is the letter.

Do you still have the original charge notice or remember how much it was ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                If the letter you have posted up has DCP's CCA Licence Number on it, that is good.
                I cannot read the foot of the letter, but their Licence details are attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I have been reading forums all night as I just got a Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice for staying 25 minutes over the 2 hour limit in a free car park in Swindon.

I am being charged £100, or £60 if I pay in the next 11 days. The driver was shopping at both of the two shops in the car park and we have receipts to prove it.

What is my best course of action? Should I even bother phoning the stores? (Range / Halfords)

From looking at this forum, it seems most likely that my appeal to Parking Eye will fail. So should I even bother with that?

Should I just appeal straight to POPLA and if so, what would apply to me?
                  http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

They were late, but only because they were shopping in the shops that they parked at.

I am the registered owner of the vehicle. Not sure what other info I can give... all I know is I feel physically sick.

If anyone has any advice for me, then that would be great. Part of me thinks I should just pay it so I don't have to worry any more, but the rest of me is so outraged at the cheek of it I don't know that I can.

Thanks

Divide
                  Last edited by DivideByZero; 9th January 2014, 08:03:AM.

Comment

Make sure you keep the receipts. Complain to the stores to get the charges cancelled. Appeal to PE that their charge is not a genuine estimate of loss and send copies of the receipts to show that you were shopping.

Then go to the forums on pepipoo.com to see what to do when you get the POPLA code back from PE.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                      Make sure you keep the receipts. Complain to the stores to get the charges cancelled. Appeal to PE that their charge is not a genuine estimate of loss and send copies of the receipts to show that you were shopping.

Then go to the forums on pepipoo.com to see what to do when you get the POPLA code back from PE.

As above except use this which is a winning popla appeal.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        I cannot read the foot of the letter, but their Licence details are attached.
                        Thankee most kindly, sir.

Comment

"Complain to the stores to get the charges cancelled." I phoned the Range and they just said send the receipts to Parking Eye and it will be fine. Should I phone the range back and ask to speak with the store manager and ask them to deal with it? Or should I follow their advice in the first instance?

Thanks

Comment

Update on my case. Before starting an appeal with PE, I decided to give the store a call back. I managed to speak to a really nice and helpful guy who told me that the store themselves can cancel the parking ticked and so I have faxed my stuff over and he is looking in to it.

Also, he told me that when parking, if you stay over 2 hours you can let the store know when paying and they will give my licence plate to PE and effectively cancel the parking charge before it becomes one.

Will update with an outcome, but feeling a lot more hopeful about the whole thing for the moment.
                            Last edited by DivideByZero; 9th January 2014, 08:04:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivideByZero View Post
                              "Complain to the stores to get the charges cancelled." I phoned the Range and they just said send the receipts to Parking Eye and it will be fine. Should I phone the range back and ask to speak with the store manager and ask them to deal with it? Or should I follow their advice in the first instance?

Thanks
                              If you spoke to The Range's head office in Plymouth, follow their advice. If PE still give you grief, get back to The Range and see if they will help you sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DivideByZero View Post
                                Update on my case. Before starting an appeal with PE, I decided to give the store a call back. I managed to speak to a really nice and helpful guy who told me that the store themselves can cancel the parking ticked and so I have faxed my stuff over and he is looking in to it.

Also, he told me that when parking, if I stay over 2 hours I can let the store know when paying and they will give my licence plate to PE and effectively cancel the parking charge before it becomes one.

Will update with an outcome, but feeling a lot more hopeful about the whole thing for the moment.

I prefer to appeal at the same time so that any deadlines do not "accidentally" expire.

Do not send the actual receipts but copies are fine.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X