• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

I'd rather appeal then when that's rejected win at popla.

If you wish to ignore there is a chance you'll go to court.

M1

Comment

I'd agree with Mystery 1 Buller. I understand your frustration, but at the end of the day M1 has a 100% record to date of getting people off these speculative invoices. I think you'd be very unwise to ignore the PCN and ignore Mystery 1 - he's VERY good indeed.

Comment

My first post and reply great site this im lookin for advice re Parking Eye...i work for a company and was waiting for a flight comin in from London and picking up a couple of people so i pulled into a hotel car park at the airport, i didnt see the notices regarding enforcement , i was in a company van i was in car park for 1 hour then left when i got word the flight had landed, about a week later my company received the parking notice to pay £100 or £60 within 28 days, they do not have my details but has on the notice all the vehicle details and the name of the company it is registered to. I know they do this in supermarket car parks but is this enforceable for a hotel car park and should i appeal it, if i do they would then have my name and details.

Comment

It's not something to get upset at if you have to give your details but best avoided where possible. For a company vehicle it's best so you are in control. If you appeal to them and get a popla code then an appeal such as this to popla will kill it stone dead.

M1

Comment

Popla code?, sorry if im sounding thick but is this an appeal code, and does this apply in scotland i know scottish law and and regulations are different from down south, if i give my details it would only be because i dont want the company getting more letters and is there a template appeal letter kicking around

Comment

sorry maybe should read the post better lol just saw the this word highlighted

Comment

Haud the bus !

In Scotland parking eye should be ignored although it depends on how willing the company is to do so. They can only take the driver to court and if they don't know who that is then they're screwed.

M1

Comment

yea bit of an issue i had the vehicle outwith their workin hours doin a favour for a friend just dont want another letter turnin up on their desk and questions gettin asked, does this mean if i give them my details thy can chase me thru legal courts?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskyman View Post
                    yea bit of an issue i had the vehicle outwith their workin hours doin a favour for a friend just dont want another letter turnin up on their desk and questions gettin asked, does this mean if i give them my details thy can chase me thru legal courts?
                    Yes but it's not guaranteed that they will and it's defendable if they do. They also might slip up, if you appeal, and give you a popla code.

M1

Comment

My friend has recently recieved a letter from Parking Eye having been parked at a services on the M62 (I feel I will likely have one also although my address is currently being changed by the DVLA having moved house). A fee of £100, reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days.

We had been stopped for just over the two hours that were apparently stated on signs that we did not see.

I have read through a great deal of this thread to find the best way to deal with this.

Can anyone clarify if it is still the case that these cannot be enforced and if they do chase any payments with further letters that nothing will come of it?
                      As much as we don't want to be paying anything that we do not need to, we don't fancy having to make a court appearance either.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SockMonkey View Post
                        My friend has recently recieved a letter from Parking Eye having been parked at a services on the M62 (I feel I will likely have one also although my address is currently being changed by the DVLA having moved house). A fee of £100, reduced to £60 if payed within 14 days.

We had been stopped for just over the two hours that were apparently stated on signs that we did not see.

I have read through a great deal of this thread to find the best way to deal with this.

Can anyone clarify if it is still the case that these cannot be enforced and if they do chase any payments with further letters that nothing will come of it?
                        As much as we don't want to be paying anything that we do not need to, we don't fancy having to make a court appearance either.

Thanks.

The best way is to appeal and if required appeal to popla with an appeal such as this .

The list of successful popla appeal points shows the way.

As reported by the prankster Mitigation does not work.

"5 | P a g eThere is no need to use formal or legalistic language. If an appellant cannot work out which ground of appeal to trick, they should simply explain what their appeal is about and submit it, although remembering that the Assessor cannot allow an appeal because of mitigating circumstances."

M1

Comment

In a parking, road signs play an most important roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexsmith009 View Post
                            In a parking, road signs play an most important roles.
                            Whilst here, the following sign shews how unwelcome spamming is:

Comment

i received an unfair parking fine in Southport. Sunday July 14th. The cam area photographed our car entering and exiting the car park. We were there for 11 minutes. My husband was back and forth to the machine as the it wouldn't accept new 5,10,20 pence new coins. We tried to look for old ones in the car. As we couldn't we drove out of the car park. I was issued a parking fine and appealed a couple of times then it was passed to POPLA. They refused the appeal. I have received a letter this morning, saying if we don't pay 100 pounds in 14 days we will be taken to court. Please advise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda72 View Post
                                I was issued a parking speculative invoice and appealed a couple of times then it was passed to POPLA. They refused the appeal.
                                Why did POPLA refuse the appeal?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X