• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    It is my belief that they should not have granted access to parking parasites which do not seem to appear on the ICO Public Register. DRP does not appear under any of its trading names, nor does any of those names appear when one tries a postcode search.

Oh dear...

They are more helpful than that, as those data appear on their web site (link)

I have attached a copy of their Licence, along with the ICO Register entries for the radio cabs firm next door to their place in Ashton, and the two businesses in Globe Square, Dukinfield.
    I could be wrong but are they not part of the same company UKPC

http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/debt-recovery.html

Comment

Originally posted by busytrev View Post
      I could be wrong but are they not part of the same company UKPC
      http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/debt-recovery.html
      No.

Nor is Disabled Motoring UK part of UKPC
      http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/Disa...toring-UK.html

Comment

Thanks again BB I really appreciate the time you have taken to provide me with the advice and I'll cc the mentioned names at the end. Just a quick one on that point I note that you have used asterisks in front of Trading Standards do they have different departments and if so which one should I use?
        It's because I don't know the name of your local Trading Standards Department, that's all.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

It is my belief that they should not have granted access to parking parasites which do not seem to appear on the ICO Public Register. DRP does not appear under any of its trading names, nor does any of those names appear when one tries a postcode search.

Oh dear...

Oh dear, indeed. Busytrev - report DRP to the ICO, but DO NOT inform them you have done so. Let the ICO's Investigation Officers pay them an unexpected visit. Those guys normally go in with armed with a magistrates' search and seize warrant and the police in tow.

They are more helpful than that, as those data appear on their web site (link)

I have attached a copy of their Licence, along with the ICO Register entries for the radio cabs firm next door to their place in Ashton, and the two businesses in Globe Square, Dukinfield.
          Nice one. Now we know why you're called Clever Clogs.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            Nice one. Now we know why you're called Clever Clogs.
            Thanks again everyone for the advice I sent the letter recorded delivery today.

I'm more than willing to report DRP to the authorities but I'm slightly confused as to what I'm actually reporting them for! Am I right in thinking they need to be a registered member of ICO for them to conduct their business in the way they do? Also if they are not registered then what laws are they breaking. I'd appreciate advice and clarification before I start the ball rolling.

Thanks in anticipation...:witchy:

Comment

[QUOTE=CleverClogs;332958]It is my belief that they should not have granted access to parking parasites which do not seem to appear on the ICO Public Register. DRP does not appear under any of its trading names, nor does any of those names appear when one tries a postcode search.

Oh dear...

Hi CC I contacted the ICO today and they stated that DRP are on their ICO public register..Looks like the next port of call is OFT...I shall persevere. :whistle:

Comment

Oh dear...
                Oh dear, oh dear...

Hi CC I contacted the ICO today and they stated that DRP are on their ICO public register.
                Drat and double drat! The turds' notification was under their Registered Office in London.

However, there is no notification listed for "Parking Collection Services" nor for "Zenith Collections", each of which is given on DRP's Consumer Credit Licence as a trading name; neither trading name is given by their ICO Register entry - see attachments.

I've double checked that bit - neither has a notification under the London address...
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh dear, oh dear...

Drat and double drat! The turds' notification was under their Registered Office in London.

However, there is no notification listed for "Parking Collection Services" nor for "Zenith Collections", each of which is given on DRP's Consumer Credit Licence as a trading name; neither trading name is given by their ICO Register entry - see attachments.

I've double checked that bit - neither has a notification under the London address...
                  Hi again CC I have just returned home and found the following letter from UKPC on my doorstep:

Dear Mr *****

Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above Parking Charge. We understand your frustration and appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration when enforcing our clients parking regulations.
                  We have investigated the appeal based on the information submitted by yourself and can confirm in this instance that the Parking Charge has been cancelled.
                  We strive to deliver a high quality of service that enhances the existing quality standards insisted upon by our client and ensure our Wardens are stringently trained to meet these expected standards.
                  On behalf of ourselves and our client we apologise for any inconvenience.

Yours faithfully blah blah blah.

This letter is dated 12/04/13 and is in response to documentation I sent to them and also DRP on 08/04/13. The demand of £15 made by DRP was via a phone call on the 11/04/13 they had tried to contact me at 08.40 that morning and left a voicemail message as well as sending a text message asking me to contact them as a matter of urgency. My point here is that it blatantly seems that DRP knew that UKPC were going to cancel the charge and they have tried to obtain money from me before I received the cancellation letter from UKPC!!! Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

This letter is dated 12/04/13 and is in response to documentation I sent to them and also DRP on 08/04/13. The demand of £15 made by DRP was via a phone call on the 11/04/13 they had tried to contact me at 08.40 that morning and left a voicemail message as well as sending a text message asking me to contact them as a matter of urgency. My point here is that it blatantly seems that DRP knew that UKPC were going to cancel the charge and they have tried to obtain money from me before I received the cancellation letter from UKPC!!! Any thoughts on this one?
                    Send DRP a letter - dated 15/4/13 - in which you state that, for the avoidance of any doubt, you will not pay them even one penny.

If they are daft enough to sue, it would be simple to defend and they'd end up paying their own costs. :grin:

Comment

Hope this is the right place to post this. Been sent a County Court Claim regarding parking on a retail park. The actual particulars of the claim are very badly written, though I understand (Just about what they are saying). I am told that they will serve me particulars of the claim within 14 days. The claim form only allows me 14 days, so should I not have the particulars sooner (LIke now, or on the actual claim form?)? Apparently automatic cameras photographed me entering and leaving the car park. Does that constitute evidence? There is a form at the back of the claim form, in which I can give a defence. What sort of defence can I give? They want £85, £25 court fee, and £50 solicitor's costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney View Post
                        Hope this is the right place to post this. Been sent a County Court Claim regarding parking on a retail park. The actual particulars of the claim are very badly written, though I understand (Just about what they are saying). I am told that they will serve me particulars of the claim within 14 days.
                        They've sent a claim form with just the amounts being claimed but no actual particulars of claim?

Does it bear a court stamp?

Can you scan it and post it here? Please blank out your details, claim number and password.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney View Post
                          Hope this is the right place to post this. Been sent a County Court Claim regarding parking on a retail park. The actual particulars of the claim are very badly written, though I understand (Just about what they are saying). I am told that they will serve me particulars of the claim within 14 days. The claim form only allows me 14 days, so should I not have the particulars sooner (LIke now, or on the actual claim form?)? Apparently automatic cameras photographed me entering and leaving the car park. Does that constitute evidence? There is a form at the back of the claim form, in which I can give a defence. What sort of defence can I give? They want £85, £25 court fee, and £50 solicitor's costs.
                          Hi Rodney,

I received great advice from people in here regarding unenforceable Penalty Charges from the parasitical parking companies but I think you need to provide a bit more information. I take it you were issued with a ticket and if so what correspondence have you received since then? Start from the beginning and the cavalry will arrive to assist you..
                          :humble:

Comment

Sounds Good, Thank you to you both. Scanner is a bit knackered at the moment. The Claim form bears a Court Stamp from Northampton County Court. In the toen close to me, there are a number of 'free' time limited car parks (Some are an hour, and some are two hours.). They signed reasonably (Though I did notice the other week, that the signs in one car park were obscured by a couple of 4x4s). I use these car parks quite a lot, and try and keep to the time limits. Just recently I have received letters from these companies (Parking Eye.), stating that I have overstayed my welcome. Surprisingly they have referred to me parking there at stupid-o-clock at night.(Probably out having a meal or something.) Despite the new 'Protection of Freedom's act,' all the advice seems to be of the 'ignore these cowboys' category. This I have done, until I received this rather more disturbing letter. In the 'particulars of the claim' section, it has a paragraph which looks like it was written by a fourteen year old, Very badly constructed sentences! It tells me that they have photographed my car (I have seen the lovely pics!) with an automatic number plate recognition system. It says the date the 'Parking Charge' was issued, but not when I parked there. It tells me that I was 'parking without permission on private land,' and 'overstaying my max stay time.' It mentions the Protection of Freedoms Act Sch 4, which makes 'the keeper liable,' and then says it will provide me with separate detailed particulars within fourteen days. Truth is, I have no idea what time of day, or what day for that matter, they are talking about. They do not issue tickets, just send letters through the post. With every drop of blood I want to defend myself in this, and I live nowhere near Northampton. So far, I have no hearing date.

Comment

I have just received my second letter from DRP - headlined & boxed in large black letters - NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION. Now I have ignored all PE requests for payment and of course the previous one from DRP - but their latest letter also states they will seek to recover the now £135.00 parking charge plus numerous other fees plus interest! Dire warnings about CCJs and how my credit may be seriously affected - that in itself does not bother me but I hate the implied wording. Plus again in "bold type" at foot of page suggesting I view a selection of CCJs on their website that their clients have obtained against people who have ignored correspondence or refused to make payment. Feeling totally fed up and a little vulnerable now with all this. If I do get taken to court - thinking what my defence is for not corresponding with anyone to get this unreasonable parking charge mitigated. Not a good day for numerous reasons and this being the ultimate smack - sad silver surfer right now!

Comment

Like Puff67 I too have today received a similar Notice of Intended Litigation letter to the above in relation to an overstay of my car (I was not the driver on this occasion) of 15 minutes in a free car park for which they are now demanding the sum of £120.

Has the recent Protection of Freedoms Act route been successfully tested in a court? I don't see how there's any relationship between the keeper of a vehicle and the car park owners if the keeper wasn't the driver??

Supplemental OK - I've now read Schedule 4 so I see the link if the driver can't be identified or payment remains o/s after 28 days.

But my question still stands...
                                Last edited by andyb000!; 22nd April 2013, 13:46:PM. Reason: supllementary ifo and corrected to 'intended litigation'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X