• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

But the question remains, is it best to ignore the letter?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Thanks, anyone got anu idea how many letters it'll be before they get bored?

Comment

Does it matter?

Comment

Fair comment. Thanks for answering though this site has saved me £40.

Comment

Ok so the 14days is up regarding the last letter threatening "maybes" and "could" from the baliffs and today I received a letter threatening court action. My mother I previously mentioned has now taken to actually opening these letter's now to the point when I needed a lift from the station actually bought it with her! She said I don't know how you can b so calm & dismissive about these letters. I told her about this forum....but now im starting to quietly crap myself. I HATE bullies

Comment

Just to remind people that Parking Eye are issuing claims through Northampton court, I might be the unlucky minority of one but it is happening. My parking offence date was 12th October 2012, so it's taken them 5 months to get around to court proceedings. I sent back my claim defence form on March 20th, and I had another form from the court to fill in asking me where I'd like the proceedings to be heard, I said Southend as that's where I live. Today I've received copies of all the correspondence that Parking Eye have sent me, I'm not sure if they're doing that for their benefit or mine, but I've never denied receiving the letters, I've merely explained that I wasn't the driver of the vehicle at the time, and that the driver (my civil partner) was taking my mum out for a shopping trip (she has a blue badge), and my mum was taken unwell in the High Street, hence the delay in leaving the car park (it's a 2 hour max stay and the vehicle overstayed by 40 minutes). Does anyone know the best course of action to take now, or should I just wait for the next correspondence from the Court? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice. Andy

Comment

You have already provided the parking parasites with the information they demanded so, if they wish to sue anyone, it should be your partner.

What did you state as your defence?

Comment

Originally posted by andyroberts1967 View Post
                    Just to remind people that Parking Eye are issuing claims through Northampton court, I might be the unlucky minority of one but it is happening. My parking offence date was 12th October 2012, so it's taken them 5 months to get around to court proceedings. I sent back my claim defence form on March 20th, and I had another form from the court to fill in asking me where I'd like the proceedings to be heard, I said Southend as that's where I live. Today I've received copies of all the correspondence that Parking Eye have sent me, I'm not sure if they're doing that for their benefit or mine, but I've never denied receiving the letters, I've merely explained that I wasn't the driver of the vehicle at the time, and that the driver (my civil partner) was taking my mum out for a shopping trip (she has a blue badge), and my mum was taken unwell in the High Street, hence the delay in leaving the car park (it's a 2 hour max stay and the vehicle overstayed by 40 minutes). Does anyone know the best course of action to take now, or should I just wait for the next correspondence from the Court? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice. Andy
                    I note you had a ticket after the law had changed on October 1st 2012. You might find this advice useful - it shows you how many times BPA have taken people to court, despite their bullying tactics, how and why their cases have collapsed spectacularly, and what information on contracts, law etc. you could use in your defence. Basically, they can only claim for their losses, which probably amount to about 50p in your case.http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/priv...ing-penalties/ Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Hi all. I've just had 2 letters from these people with photos and times of my car because I was 20 minutes over the free 1.5hours of parking. £70 fine or if paid by tomorrow £40. I have not contacted them but phoned aldi who owns the car park and they confirmed they employ this company parking eye so now I'm a bit scared about not paying. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo View Post
                        Any ideas?
                        Stop shopping at Aldi - your tongue will thank you.

Oh - and ignore the crap from the parking parasites until and unless they actually sue you.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo View Post
                          Hi all. I've just had 2 letters from these people with photos and times of my car because I was 20 minutes over the free 1.5hours of parking. £70 fine or if paid by tomorrow £40. I have not contacted them but phoned aldi who owns the car park and they confirmed they employ this company parking eye so now I'm a bit scared about not paying. Any ideas? Thanks.
                          Unless there is a parking fee payable, i.e. Pay & Display, after the free parking period, a PPC can go swivel for any parking charge. Unless they and the landowner can prove, okay, the onus is on the PPC and the landowner, that they have suffered quantifiable and actual loss, they are entitled to nothing, zilch, zero, other than a polite "Sod Off" letter.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Received letter from parking eye when we got back from hols in November 2012 saying I had overstayed by 1 hour end of October and therefore parking charge of £85! No visible signs as stated in the letter, I went back to check, took photographs as well and had to stand right underneath signs to read them! In all the years I have been going to this car park, no charge, no meters et al. 2 more letters followed, I did not answer having read various websites, now today, some 5 months later, another letter from debt recover plus ltd. not happy at the implied and threatening tone and do not intend to respond either - just so po'd at how these companies try to harass, bully and frighten folks into paying extortionate sums of money. I would have paid for a parking ticket, no machine and I shopped for the 4 hours I was there, got all receipts to prove it as they are all timed. So as far as I'm concerned - I'll attend court it they really want to go that route - so watch this space!

Comment

Can you post a scan of the threat-o-gram from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd with your personal details blanked out?

Comment

There is nothing to prevent anyone being harassed by PPCs (Parking Parasite Colonies) and their equally parasitic "debt collectors" from seeking an ex parte (without notice) injunction legally restraining them both from continuing to make unwarranted demands for sums of money the law clearly says they are not entitled to demand. There is another route, using Criminal Law, but I would not advise this to anyone not familiar with Criminal Law and the Criminal Justice System.
                                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X