• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Hi there,
    I've just joined this thread this evening. Yesterday I received a court claim from Northampton Court
    with regard to a parking infringement back in October 2013. I have replied with a full rejection online saying that although I'm the registered keeper, I was not the driver. I did say that my partner was the driver but I've not put that person's name in the frame. It was one of those free parking for 2 hours car parks, which was overstayed, but I've stated that my mother was in the car, she was ill on the day, and she had a blue badge which was on display at the time. I don't want to put anything too personal in this column but does anyone have any advice for me? Up until yesterday I'd ignored the letters due to the advice on this board. I thank you in advance for any advice.

Comment

What is going to happen is that motorists are going to challenge PPCs when they pull stunts like this and the PPCs are, if my gut-feeling is correct, going to have claims struck-out and Wasted Costs Orders imposed on them. Couple this to the POPLA fees and PPCs will soon begin to feel the pinch, financially, and close down. Perhaps, the more practical way of dealing with it is to bring about the enforced dissolution of the British Parking Association. Take the PPCs' co-ordination arm out of the equation and individual PPCs would be at a disadvantage as DVLA would then refuse access to RK details.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        You tell me...
        Full disclosure...

Comment

Originally posted by andyroberts1967 View Post
          I've just joined this thread this evening. Yesterday (19/03/13 cc.) I received a court claim from Northampton Court with regard to a parking infringement back in October 2013.
          Defend the claim, stating that you will undertake not to park there this autumn.

Comment

Morning all,

I had received a PE letter a little while back - for overstaying 13minutes shopping in Brent X retail park. Couldn't find the 1st letter and then found my 2nd on the doorstep the other day. I was going to pay but when I googled them I came across this site and thread....lots of reading later (redbull and cookies to help).

I feel confident to just ignore them BUT have a little frightened voice whispering...bailiff...pay, pay.

Does anyone how long it takes for these pests to give up?

regards.
            AA

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Defend the claim, stating that you will undertake not to park there this autumn.
              Ha ha very good!! Obviously I meant October 2012, thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

hiya all

right then a bit of info please
                today the company that i work for as a lgv driver informed me that there is a parking fine for me from a motorway service station
                when i arrived there to park for the night the shop where you'd normally pay was closed,and the notice said that I could pay by mobile phone all well and good but i would not get a receipt to claim the expense back.

and silly me forgot to pay it in the morning they have a photo of the truck entering and leaving said MSA (SarnPark Bridgend)
                now my boss informs me they want £80

a what should I do pay it?
                offer to pay the amount it should have been £18 plus a pound of two as a good will gesture?
                or just ignore it?
                can my boss just take it out of my wages?

any advice gratefully revived

Comment

Tell your boss that you give permission for him to tell them that you were the driver at the time. As for taking it out of your wages you would need to look at your T&C of employment for this.

Comment

Originally posted by diappy View Post
                    today the company that i work for as a lgv driver informed me that there is a parking fine for me from a motorway service station
                    when i arrived there to park for the night the shop where you'd normally pay was closed,and the notice said that I could pay by mobile phone all well and good but i would not get a receipt to claim the expense back.
                    One might say that it was contrary to public interest to close motorway parking areas in that way, as any driver forced to find an open parking area could easily cause an accident.

That motorway service area is operated by Welcome Break - link

Parking Charges: Free for two hours, charges apply for longer stays. Cars: £6.00, including a £2.00 meal voucher. Caravans, Coaches and HGVs: £15.00, including a £6.00 meal voucher.

Comment

The PPC would only be entitled to any legitimate parking fee that was payable and a small contribution towards admin costs. They are not entitled to anymore than that.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi all first time reader and first time poster. Just received a "Parking Charge Notice" from Parking Eye. I was parked in an aldi car park while attending a work trial in the store. I was parked for one hour forty five minutes and didn't see the sign that said maximum stay 90 minutes. I've read that all the advice is not to pay but nervous about doing it. Is it really best to forget and ignore?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by stupidaldi View Post
                          I was parked in an aldi car park while attending a work trial in the store.
                          Did you pass?

Comment

Still waiting to hear, not sure i should mention the ticket if i get the job lol.

Comment

If the vehicle you drive is your own and insured, you're probably in a superior socio-economic group than most Aldi customers.

Comment

True but the area the store is in i'm amazed they don't get armed guards for the car park paid for with the "fines".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X