• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

In terms of admin costs , with Parking eye, do you know they and other parties get the vehicle information from the DVLA for ....£2.50 , yes two pounds fifty, thats from the DVLA own website , thats how much the DVLA charge to pass your information over to third parties (justified?). Yes the same DVLA , your public funded organisation ,(from their webside "DVLA will manage and account for a substantial amount of public funds provided by fee payers and through Parliament" ) This and the computer generated letter must amount to minor admin costs considering the large fines being given out. Then I wonder how much the landowner gets out of this , eg the supermarket ? does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by pablo d View Post
      In terms of admin costs , with Parking eye, do you know they and other parties get the vehicle information from the DVLA for ....£2.50 , yes two pounds fifty, thats from the DVLA own website , thats how much the DVLA charge to pass your information over to third parties (justified?). Yes the same DVLA , your public funded organisation ,(from their webside "DVLA will manage and account for a substantial amount of public funds provided by fee payers and through Parliament" ) This and the computer generated letter must amount to minor admin costs considering the large fines being given out. Then I wonder how much the landowner gets out of this , eg the supermarket ? does anyone know?
      Are you basing that fact on the Daily Mail article that was written 2 years ago or has the pricing structure stayed the same?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-says-MP.html
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Actually, I see it is in their FAQ's here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/data/FAQ.aspx
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi all
          Been following the good advice outlined above for the past couple of months. Have now received the third demand letter from parking eye - which now mentions solicitors - and still ignoring them. Thanks

Comment

Thank`s for the advise labman. I will take your advice and ignore them totally.
            Will the change in the regulations last year make any difference though ?

Comment

Originally posted by double top View Post
              Thank`s for the advise labman. I will take your advice and ignore them totally.
              Will the change in the regulations last year make any difference though ?
              No!

Nice easy answer.

Comment

Hello lovely people i am back. Not sure if you remember the lovely New Years Day present i got from PE when my boyfriend borrowed my car whilst i was elsewhere? And supposedly was in a car park for 3 hours (why would anyone be in a starbucks car park for three hours!) Anyway, I have ignored all letters from PE as suggested and last week i finally recieved the awaited first threat from the debt collectors and baliffs threatening me. Now i live with my elderly parents and unfortunately my cute nosey little mother was peeking over my shoulder as i opened the letter and she is worried. I told her the advice i got from you most helpful and kind people and she said "oh are you sure that some baliff isn't going to show up here and take my things!?" Now i am worried as obviously it is their home, not technically mine. They have threatened court action or something like that if i do not pay up within 14 days. Gave all kinds of legislature within the letter and that they are approved by the PP...something...sorry dont have letter to hand....I just want to put mine and my dearest mothers mind to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by SK13 View Post
                  why would anyone be in a starbucks car park for three hours!
                  Visiting his wife and kids? :behindsofa:

my cute little mother ... said "oh are you sure that some baliff isn't going to show up here and take my things!?"
                  We can't be, as nobody can be 100% certain that they will never be the victim of a burglar.

What can be stated with absolute certainty, though, is that no bailiff, when enforcing a debt judgement against someone, may lawfully seize, ransom or sell goods belonging to someone else.

Remember, a debt judgement collecting bailiff is not completely like a vampire. He only has access if you've admitted him once previously and he might return until he's bled you dry, but crucifixes or garlic rarely repel a bailiff. They can both be destroyed by drowning, decapitation or having an oaken stake pounded through their heart, and the world would be a better place for their removal.

For bailiffs to get involved, however, the parking parasites would first need to have obtained a county court judgement in their favour and, despite the fibs the parasites might have on their web site, they are not allowed to "issue" a CCJ. Justice has not - yet - been privatised to the extent of claimants becoming their own judges.

Depending on the bunch of threat monkeys chosen by the parasites, they could have stated they "will" sue, they "may" sue or they may advise their clients to sue, but it's doubtful that they really would bother as a simple check on your address would reveal that you live with your parents. If your motor car is on finance or HP, you don't even have that as an asset - and that assumes they'd win their inflated claim in court!

Comment

P.S. Ditch your boyfriend and take up with me; I'm single, unattached, not too utterly disgusting and I'll never borrow your car.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Visiting his wife and kids? :behindsofa:

Cheek!:tung:

What can be stated with absolute certainty, though, is that no bailiff, when enforcing a debt judgement against someone, may lawfully seize, ransom or sell goods belonging to someone else.

For bailiffs to get involved, however, the parking parasites would first need to have obtained a county court judgement in their favour and, despite the fibs the parasites might have on their web site, they are not allowed to "issue" a CCJ. Justice has not - yet - been privatised to the extent of claimants becoming their own judges.

Depending on the bunch of threat monkeys chosen by the parasites, they could have stated they "will" sue, they "may" sue or they may advise their clients to sue, but it's doubtful that they really would bother as a simple check on your address would reveal that you live with your parents. If your motor car is on finance or HP, you don't even have that as an asset - and that assumes they'd win their inflated claim in court!
                      Ah i see. So basically continue to ignore ignore ignore. Yes its all "may" and "could" etc. Worst comes to worst I can prove i wasnt driving the car at that time with about 30 of my invited guests at the Holiday Inn up the road who were with me. I've also stuck my car up for sale not because of this, but because its crap lol

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        P.S. Ditch your boyfriend and take up with me; I'm single, unattached, not too utterly disgusting and I'll never borrow your car.
                        why thank you for the offer but the "not too utterly disgusting" means there is still a slight amount of disgusting in there somewhere

Comment

I have just received a parking charge notice from ParkingEye for £70 or £40 if I pay before 21/3/13. The automatic car numberplate recognition zapped me leaving 25 minutes over the 3 hours 'free parking'. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and was unable to leave to move my car. do I pay up or ignore?
                          Thanks
                          Gill

Comment

Originally posted by GillyC View Post
                            I have just received a parking charge notice from ParkingEye for £70 or £40 if I pay before 21/3/13. The automatic car numberplate recognition zapped me leaving 25 minutes over the 3 hours 'free parking'. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and was unable to leave to move my car. do I pay up or ignore?
                            Do you want to give £40 to total strangers?

If you do, give it to the Trussell Trust - link - where it will do some good.

Comment

Originally posted by SK13 View Post
                              why thank you for the offer but the "not too utterly disgusting" means there is still a slight amount of disgusting in there somewhere
                              On a scale of 1 to 10 CC ?

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                                On a scale of 1 to 10 CC ?
                                You tell me...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X