• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

It appears from reading other parking forums that PE are very reluctant to give out POPLA codes. Instead they are resorting to stalling tactics, such as asking for more "evidence" (such as receipts) that the person has used a particular shop. The cheeky so-and so's even told one motorist that the £10 receipt they sent in was not good enough and that a "minimum £30 spend" is required. All nonsense of course, as what you spend or not spend in a shop has nothing to do with PE. This reluctance to give a POPLA code must mean that some PPCs are feeling the pinch regarding having to shell out to pay for a POPLA appeal.
    Last edited by DBC; 4th March 2013, 10:41:AM.

Comment

Thanks DBC - I hadn't heard about the minimum spend LMAO! Absolutely mad. It's good to know they're feeling the pinch though - if enough complain, they must be. The 'new' legislation could nicely shoot them in the foot - we hope!

Comment

How many times have we been to the shops and just "browsed" without actually buying anything. According to PE you have broken their rules and so can ask you to pay one of their stupid charges.

Another silliness I have come across are signs which say "if you stay for more than 2 hours, you agree to pay us £100". If you are daft enough to agree to that, where is the facility on site to pay that £100, and once you have paid that £100 does that mean that you can park there forever, as the sign doesn't specify any maximum time?

Comment

Originally posted by DBC View Post
          How many times have we been to the shops and just "browsed" without actually buying anything. According to PE you have broken their rules and so can ask you to pay one of their stupid charges.

Another silliness I have come across are signs which say "if you stay for more than 2 hours, you agree to pay us £100". If you are daft enough to agree to that, where is the facility on site to pay that £100, and once you have paid that £100 does that mean that you can park there forever, as the sign doesn't specify any maximum time?
          Indeed, signage is often an issue, though many have tightened up on it quite a lot. The obvious thing there is that the £100 is quite clearly a penalty. There is a County Court ruling (I know this doesn't set precedent) where the judge actually concluded that a contract had been formed, and that all elements of contract law were adhered to. That is not, of course, to say another judge may not conclude something entirely different.

Comment

Originally posted by DBC View Post
            Compared to the cost of airport parking, it does seem to be good value.

Perhaps a consumer affairs (or hidden camera) show might care to test this, by leaving a car in such a car park for two weeks? Of course, the car would need a GPS tracker to be fitted.

Comment

This lunchtime, on "You and Yours" (the consumer programme on the BBC Home Service) one Dalton Philips (the CEO of Wm. Morrison plc) was commenting on the company's disappointing profits.

Perhaps it might be useful to remind him that "fining" customers who use Morrison stores can hardly be calculated to ensure their custom in future?

dalton.philips@morrisonsplc.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                This lunchtime, on "You and Yours" (the consumer programme on the BBC Home Service) one Dalton Philips (the CEO of Wm. Morrison plc) was commenting on the company's disappointing profits.

Perhaps it might be useful to remind him that "fining" customers who use Morrison stores can hardly be calculated to ensure their custom in future?

dalton.philips@morrisonsplc.co.uk
                Totally agree CC, and worse still, sticking up for the policy when genuine complaints are made. Surely if someone has overstayed, but spent £75 in the store it makes sense to at least be conciliatory.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  Totally agree CC, and worse still, sticking up for the policy when genuine complaints are made. Surely if someone has overstayed, but spent £75 in the store it makes sense to at least be conciliatory.
                  Exactly.

They may still be based in Rotherham but their "reet bloody Yorkshire" attitude will have to be abandoned.

Comment

Morrisons are now based at Gain Lane, Bradford.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                      Morrisons are now based at Gain Lane, Bradford.
                      Still bloody Yorkshire, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Still bloody Yorkshire, isn't it?
                        Worst luck! Lol!

Comment

Oy!!!! All my family are Yorkshire - except me, I'm from Derbyshire so I'm normal. msl:msl:msl:

I love the Yorkshire attitude and approach - as Inspector Grim in 'The Thin Blue Line' would say, "No fannying around, let's get on with it!" They are lovely folk!

Still agree about Morrisons though! lol

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            Oy!!!! All my family are Yorkshire - except me, I'm from Derbyshire so I'm normal. msl:msl:msl:

I love the Yorkshire attitude and approach - as Inspector Grim in 'The Thin Blue Line' would say, "No fannying around, let's get on with it!" They are lovely folk!

Still agree about Morrisons though! lol
                            Only teasing, LM. I know Yorkshire folk and they are quite amiable people. I have worked with some who give other Yorkshire folk a bad name. Thankfully, they seem to be in a minority.

Comment

advise please. i parked my car in a store car park at 9 pm, 3 hours after the store closed. i have received a parking charge notice from parking eye.
                              do i pay or do i ignore this notice ?. i have read advise not to pay this "fine", but i need to be sure .thank`s

Comment

You have one of two options:

1. Ignore totally - expect up to about 6 increasingly nasty letters from them threatening what they are going to do. They should then stop.

2. Appeal to POPLA, and if your appeal is turned down, which is likely, then ignore as per Number 1. The difference here is that it costs Parking Eye £34.50 if you appeal, and this has to be paid within 30 days. Once enough start appealing, their cash flow is going to be severely hit by this action.

If, in the highly unlikely event, it did end up in court, you would have to defend it. It is unlikely you would lose the case. The ones cited on websites are where the people did not defend so a judgment was entered in their absence by default.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X