• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by 1048glen View Post
    Ok, so i had a penalty charge from these people, and after reading this thread i am ignoring them, however my friends mumhas also recently had a letter, unfortunatly it was on her company car and her employers initially received the notice which they passed onto her. Not knowing what i know from reading various threads, she followed their appeals procedure, so i guess what i need to know now is what she should do? Has she already, by appealing admitted that she was the driver and therefore pay the charge?
    I agree Michael. However, this is one of the very rare exceptions where only she can measure her employer's attitude towards this. Sometimes in this situation, sadly it is best to pay - better than jeopardising their job. If she has understanding employers, ignore and there will be no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
      I agree Michael. However, this is one of the very rare exceptions where only she can measure her employer's attitude towards this. Sometimes in this situation, sadly it is best to pay - better than jeopardising their job. If she has understanding employers, ignore and there will be no problem.
      I disagree, she has appealed and identified herself as the driver. It now has nothing to do with the RK (her employer)

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
        I disagree, she has appealed and identified herself as the driver. It now has nothing to do with the RK (her employer)
        Apologies - I had only skim read the thread. I didn't realise she had admitted being the RK. You are absolutely right to disagree with me - she should just ignore now. Thanks for making me aware of my mistake.

Comment

I have also received a Parking Charge Notice from these bozos because on the day in question I genuinely forgot to pay for my parking - an honest mistake, I was preoccupied with car problems that had occurred en route, and was worried about getting home, how much it was going to cost, getting to work etc etc etc, and it wasn't until I got back to the car some hours later that I realised I hadn't paid for my parking. I went to see someone about it but no one was available, so I had to leave without paying. I replied to the Parking Charge that came a few days later (£85, £50 if paid within 7 days) and explained honestly what had happened and I offered to pay the money I should have paid on the day, but no more. They have written back to say they are deferring it for 14 days, in which time they want me to find and send them a receipt from one of the shops in the complex to prove I had been shopping there....why would this be any concern of theirs and what difference does it make? After reading this thread I am very inclined to ignore their request and just not reply to any further correspondence. Before I do that though, can someone please explain to me what makes their request not lawful, if this were a Council owned car park would it be different, and why?

Comment

MM - I would appeal the ticket, and then totally ignore. It is likely your appeal will be unsuccessful, but it then costs them £27.00. You then ignore everything thereafter, and expect the nasty letters and threat of court action. After that they should stop completely.

Comment

I got a parking eye charge and like the member above appealing thinking that they might be sympathetic to genuine human error!

Anyway, I've read on a lot of forums to ignore because they cannot prove who was driving the car so they cannot enforce the charge

However by appealing I've admitted I was driving the car

Am I still ok to ignore & not pay the £60?

Or because I stupidly admitted being the driver (before I found all this wonderful advice) will they now be able to enforce?

thanks!

Comment

just keep ignoring the letters, they'll stop eventually

Comment

They cannot enforce their faux penalty charges, full stop. All they are entitled to demand is any Pay & Display fee that may have been be payable at the time. They know what the law says and it appears they have been misrepresenting the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 in order to mislead people into paying their faux penalty charges.

Not only is that a breach of Consumer Protection Law, it is also a breach of the Criminal Law. Sooner or later, I have a feeling Parking Eye and its management team are going to find themselves facing judgement in a criminal court and the potential closure of their operation. Not that anyone will lose any sleep if that happens, mind you.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I should have been prosecuted for driving without due care and attention today. I swerved to avoid a pedestrian in a car park who stepped out unexpectedly from behind a car.

It was only after I missed him that I realised it was the PPC Enforcement Employee. I feel I must make a public apology for swerving and not running the bugger over!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      I should have been prosecuted for driving without due care and attention today. I swerved to avoid a pedestrian in a car park who stepped out unexpectedly from behind a car.

It was only after I missed him that I realised it was the PPC Enforcement Employee. I feel I must make a public apology for swerving and not running the bugger over!
                      Nah. You should have run over him, then reversed back over him just to make sure. You could have always say you thought it was a speed hump. Lol!
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re ParkingEye
                        Good Morning
                        Just to update my earlier post, as expected, parking charge reminder received in post.
                        I'm still sticking to ignoring all correspondence as advised by your goodselves everyone, will keep you updated.

Joeydee

Comment

Thanks Joeydee - just expect them to get nastier. Well done for ignoring.

Comment

Hi Guys,

We have recently received a letter from Parking Eye who have send the similar as above with the usual parking charges with photo's of our car whilst I had parked on Holiday Inn.

Now I had been there to visit a guest stopping at that hotel on a business meet and had a drink whilst there (no receipt of that). I was not stopping over but they was and the annoying thing is - I had recommend that hotel , but I wont be again!!

I was not aware I had to inform anyone that I was there nor did I see that it was regulated by Parking Eye.

Anyhow we have got our first letter and wondered based on the situation if we should ignore it?

Comment

The advice is either to ignore it completely, but be aware there will be several more, increasingly unpleasant and threatening letters to come.

Alternatively, appeal it, then if your appeal is unsuccessful, you then ignore everything. This way it will cost Parking Eye £27.00. The end result for you will be the same either way.

You must be aware there is a very, very slim chance of them taking this to court (I'd guesstimate around 1%) . If it did, you would have to defend it - the chances of losing if you defended would be very, very minimal. Only saying so you get the fullest picture to make an informed decision.

Comment

Hi,
                                just been reading some of the topics on here and found it to be really useful!
                                Got my parking charge notice from ParkingEye today and was going to pay and thought to google the company and see what happens.
                                Fortunately I found this forum thead! How on earth can these people get away with such silly charges and be able to carry on doing it!
                                Anyways, I will ignore this as some of you suggested and will keep you guys updated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X