• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

:grin:You are funny CleverClogs - and strangely enough the Mr suggested something similar - to which i panicked and said oh no we cant do that....

Comment

Originally posted by SK13 View Post
      I have read every page of this thread and even afterreading the changes in the law (I can be a bit simple sometimes and legal terminologythrows me a bit sometimes!) I am unsure as to what to do and would reallyappreciate some advice.

A few days ago I received a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE fromParking Eye. Stating that I had parked my car in a Starbucks/KFC car park for1hour 42 mins and that the maximum free stay is 1 hour 30mins. This happened on1st of January 2013 (Happy New Year). Now, on this particular day,it was my best friends 30th birthday and I was involved in the arrangementand organisation of a surprise party for her. I lent my boyfriend my car as hewas not at the party and he was going to pick me up later on that evening afterthe party. As we do not know the area well (around Heathrow many one way dual carriagewaysetc, he got lost and drove around a bit until he saw signs taking him home. Heis adamant that he parked in this car park to make a call as he was stressedbecause he was lost and says he was in this particular car park for 20mins –30max.

There is a photo of my car (you cannot see the driver)with this charge which shows the time as 18.36 at the entrance and 20.19 at theexit. I showed him this as I was obviously absolutely fuming and he is adamantthat he was not there that long. I do believe him as there is no reason to bein a random car park for so long. Plus I spoke to him within this time and hewas at his friends.

The letter also states that “ You are notified underparagraph 9(2) (b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 thatthe driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay this parking charge in full.As we do not know the driver’s name or current postal address, if you were notthe driver at this time, you should tell us the name and current postal addressof the driver and pass this notice to them”.

He was going to pay this as obviously I was not happyabout getting this charge but after reading this forum I told him let me askfor some advice first.

It’s the usual pay us £100 by XX date or it is reduced to£60 if you pay within 14days which happens to be 22nd Jan (nextweek).

I have given him a really hard time over this but he is110% adamant he was only there for 20/30mins.

Please legal beagles – what should I do? Thank you in advance
      Do nothing. Although Freedom of Information does place an onus on the owner to "snitch" the driver, however this falls under the contract law and they CAN NOT issue penalty notices, especially as it appears, from your post, that it was a free car park anyway. Repeat three times "b******s" and then throw letters in the bin, or even better, recycle.

Comment

God they are really annoying arent they. I already got a 'reminder' this weekend. Before the date of the 22nd of the reduced pay. Pests

Comment

Mine is due to paid by tomorrow. Good luck Parking Eye I will NOT BE PAYING.

Comment

Question,If this parking company has photos of the car entering at a time and leaving after the so called allowed parking period could the alleged offender not ask to see the unedited CC TV footage to check that the car did not leave earlier and return earlier ?
            One couuld also ask if the car park had other cameras that could prove the aledged offender actuakky parked for a period of time ,surely they cannot claim a bean off someone who only drove in and out of a car park one or more times, i have often driven into retail car parks driven out without parking and returned later

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              Question,If this parking company has photos of the car entering at a time and leaving after the so called allowed parking period could the alleged offender not ask to see the unedited CC TV footage to check that the car did not leave earlier and return earlier ?
              One couuld also ask if the car park had other cameras that could prove the aledged offender actuakky parked for a period of time ,surely they cannot claim a bean off someone who only drove in and out of a car park one or more times, i have often driven into retail car parks driven out without parking and returned later
              Now there's a thought. If we all drove in and out of their carparks all day, every day in our hundreds and thousands their admin would go through the roof

Hello 10 "Guests" BTW (Parking Eyes - PMSL)

Comment

The alleged offender can ask to see stills (that's all they get) for which they are charged between £10-£25.

However, there's no point as it just gives some credence - much better to totally ignore.

And Hi to the guests! Welcome to LB! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                  And Hi to the guests! Welcome to LB! :-)

Comment

Fook me, 10 Guests are back again!

Don't the staff at Parkign Eye have anything better to do? Like develop some photos of my R reg Ford Sierra leaving Starbucks in Dagenham last November? LOL
                    Last edited by The Debt Star; 24th January 2013, 09:45:AM. Reason: Actually make that my 1982 C reg Sierra

Comment

And how many times have we seen the situation where someone has been accused of staying for 8+ hours because they conveniently lost the pics in between.

I still advocate everyone should choose to go to POPLA before ignoring.

ps we are up to 14 guests at present

Comment

I agree PT, as it costs £27 a shot for every appeal upheld in their favour then which will be 99% of them. They will feel that in their fat wallets, though sadly the fact remains 60% pay up anyway. If only we could wave a wand and empower them (I hate that word! lol) over this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                          ps we are up to 14 guests at present

Down to 9, one's gone out to lunch early.

Lab, 60% pay up because of the official looking documentation of course. Which makes very good confetti in the shredder din't ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                            Down to 9, one's gone out to lunch early.

Lab, 60% pay up because of the official looking documentation of course. Which makes very good confetti in the shredder din't ya know.
                            Yes, I know perfectly well, that's precisely why I have recommended so many people do not pay these fines over the years.

Comment

Ok, so i had a penalty charge from these people, and after reading this thread i am ignoring them, however my friends mumhas also recently had a letter, unfortunatly it was on her company car and her employers initially received the notice which they passed onto her. Not knowing what i know from reading various threads, she followed their appeals procedure, so i guess what i need to know now is what she should do? Has she already, by appealing admitted that she was the driver and therefore pay the charge?

Comment

No, since it is a company car, under Protection of Freedom Act, they would have been able to chase the RK ie the company who may have paid up and charged her for it. Now she has told them who the driver is, they can only chase her..... and she can carry on ignoring.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X