• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

1 point do PE own the land? think you'll find they are contracted by welcome break

Comment

Unsure, to be honest, swifty. Do you think I should message Welcome Break first before I send anything off to PE or should I change something in the letter to PE.

Comment

Have a read of the link from Parking Charge Notices here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

The link has grounds you might cite in any appeal listed.

Comment

Found these stats on another forum discussing the PE scam. Wonder how accurate they are:

"Members of the British Parking Association issued 1,800,000 'tickets' last year, started small claims proceedings against 845 keepers, actually took 49 cases to court and actually won 29."

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/an...at-should-i-do-
          Last edited by Crepello; 7th January 2013, 22:03:PM.

Comment

Hi all i'm so glad i found this site, as i've been landed with a £100 PCN for staying in a 2 hour free parking car park 44 minutes extra!!! I took my disabled mum shopping just after christmas and parked on The Range in St Helens,as all the normal blue badge areas were full. My mum has a spine condition which means she has to sit down at every opportunity she can, so our shopping trips last longer than normal,we parked in the disabled bay and had her badge clearly displayed (does this count for nothing!?!)
            Do i ignore the demand - which seems to be the general trend on here- or do i offer to pay for the extra 44 minutes ???? Any advice would be gratefully received
            Thanks in advance

Comment

Have a read of the link from here, it will enable you to make a decision. Any questions, just ask:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

Comment

Originally posted by Crepello View Post
                Found these stats on another forum discussing the PE scam. Wonder how accurate they are:

"Members of the British Parking Association issued 1,800,000 'tickets' last year, started small claims proceedings against 845 keepers, actually took 49 cases to court and actually won 29."

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/an...at-should-i-do-
                Probably, default judgements for "Pay & Display" charges. No court will allow PPCs to enforce charges which are penalties. I think the figures show that PPCs know, themselves, just how unsafe the ground is, legally, upon which they tread.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I would suggest you send a copy of the letter I have written below.

That should do the trick for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post

Technical hitch. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. Lol!
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Absolutely love it! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Comment

I like it! it says everything that should be said to them and straight to the point to boot

Comment

If you decide to send the letter then just remember us seniors all have their moments - like writing on the envelope Payment Enclosed but forgetting to put a stamp on it.

Seriously though there is another train of thought. If everyone who appeals gets turned down and is referred to POPLA then the PPC have to pay for each application. If everyone did it then I don't doubt it would clog the system up and will they honestly cough up for c10k fees at £27 each. Shouldn't take long to run their coffers dry & of course even if POPLA finds in their favour you can still carry on ignoring.

Comment

If everyone who appeals gets turned down and is referred to POPLA then the PPC have to pay for each application. If everyone did it then I don't doubt it would clog the system up and will they honestly cough up for c10k fees at £27 each. Shouldn't take long to run their coffers dry & of course even if POPLA finds in their favour you can still carry on ignoring.
                            Hear! Hear!

The more I reflect on the new 'system', the more I feel that appealling, then ignoring everything is the best advice rather than just ignoring. By doing this, as Ploddertom rightly points out, you achieve two outcomes with one action - firstly you don't pay the ticket still; secondly the PPC has to spend money.

If the figures in post 259 are accurate, and just 20% appealled, the PPC's would have to pay a staggering £9,720,000 for the appeals. I don't think they'd like that, nor do I think they could sustain it for very long.

Comment

On 1st of October , coming back from a late night job, I stopped in Piese Pottage services for a power nap - woke up three hours later, drove home. Week later received a demand from vultures for overstaying which was duly ignored. Month later received a reminder, which was ignored. After a final reminder all is quiet on the western front.

Comment

Originally posted by alham View Post
                                On 1st of October , coming back from a late night job, I stopped in Piese Pottage services for a power nap - woke up three hours later, drove home. Week later received a demand from vultures for overstaying which was duly ignored. Month later received a reminder, which was ignored. After a final reminder all is quiet on the western front.
                                That sounds about right thank you. It's always useful to have feedback from people who've 'really been through it.'

My experience was I got three increasingly nasty letters, then one threatening court action, then I have heard nothing at all for about 4 months.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X