• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Eye

Originally posted by swifty View Post
    I expect there'll be more activity on this subject very soon after the boxing day sales, loads of folk parked up for hours waiting for the stores to open in order to grab the best bargain.
    I bet they didn't bargain on PE having a bonanza time sending out statements to them..
    Bet you won't see many ending up in court though! :santa2:

Comment

I parked in a free car park, with a disabled badge, and overstayed by 20 minutes.
      I have my first parking charge notice. Can they issue these charges on a FREE carpark?

Comment

Originally posted by dramafarmer View Post
        I parked in a free car park, with a disabled badge, and overstayed by 20 minutes.
        I have my first parking charge notice. Can they issue these charges on a FREE carpark?
        The PPC would first have to prove they or the landowner had suffered actual loss and the charge was not a penalty. They would also have to prove they had authority from the landowner or had ownership of the land. Other than that, they are going to find it very difficult to enforce and Parking Charge Notice in a free car park.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by dramafarmer View Post
          Think about it logically. You park on a free car park - what have they lost in parking fees? £0. Incidentally Blue Badges are not actually valid on private land, neither are double yellows. If you appeal it will be turned down as it is not independent.

There is another way. Appeal, get turned down, take it to POPLA - costs the parking company to do this, even if the appeal is again turned down there is no compulsion to pay and you can still ignore them safe in the knowledge it has cost them.

If you do ignore it they will write to you quite a few times and the tones will get more menacing - they may even use red felt tip. When they have exhausted that route they may even send a pretend solicitors letter.

Best solution IGNORE.

Comment

how can the landowner suffer actual loss in a free empty car park at night?

The car park is in front of an Asda and a (closed at the time) Farmfoods - are they the landowners?

Comment

it is interesting to note that disabled badges are meaningless on 'private land'.
              thank you. I shall stand firm...

Comment

I stopped for 5 minutes at Abington Services (M74) and again for 5 minutes on a return journey. I received a PCN from PE demanding £100 (reduced to £60 etc). They claimed I was parked there for 7 ½ hours. I obviously had no intention to pay but wrote to them asking them to check their cameras. I also questioned their professional integrity and cced my letter to my local MP and sent another letter to the service station. I received a reply from PE saying I needed to provide evidence and that the charge was on hold for 14 days.
                I was surprised that my MP wrote to PE asking them to investigate further and I’m aware the Service Station manager also contacted them.
                The outcome – PE cancelled the charge – no explanation or apology from them. The letter from PE to my MP gave more detail:-‘The PE system auto-matches entries and exits within any given set of data. Where more than one match is found, the system will on the odd occasion, although instances are negligible in the context of the number of total matches made, select a match partner that is a potential match, but is not the corresponding partner of the initial capture. Parking Eye undertake a manual check of each and every transaction filtered by the system, as a secondary test, to ensure the accuracy of the transaction before it is registered as non-compliant with the parking terms of the site and before data is requested from DVLA. On this rare occasion, the human secondary check has permitted a PCN to be issued in error; therefore this charge has been cancelled....’
                I’m tempted to send PE a speculative invoice for £100 compensation for the stress they’ve caused me and for the time spent researching the subject of PCNs, writing letters etc.
                I’d like to take this further as I think their approach is totally unprofessional and the legality of PCNs seem questionable but I’m not sure where to go – Trading Standards perhaps??

Comment

Originally posted by ACM View Post
                  Parking Eye undertake a manual check of each and every transaction filtered by the system, as a secondary test, to ensure the accuracy of the transaction before it is registered as non-compliant with the parking terms of the site and before data is requested from DVLA. On this rare occasion, the human secondary check has permitted a PCN to be issued in error; therefore this charge has been cancelled....’
                  Watch out folks - flying pigs about!

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                    Not so much the pigs but the fall out from them. Maybe that should be put forward for a Gobbledy Gook Award.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post

:flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:

Just be thankful cows can't fly, because what PE have said is 24-carat BS.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi,

Had a few letters for overstaying 20 minutes in a car park in Cornwall back in September. The latest letter threatens with the credit rating and solicitors. It refers me to the debtrecoveryplus website where it says:

"Contrary to what you may have read on various web forums Debt Recovery Plus Ltd DOES apply for county court judgements's (CCJ's) against individuals and companies who resist payment of parking charge notices. Please don't believe everything you read on the forums. See the list below for some of the CCJ's we have successfully applied for in recent months

We regularly and consistently issue CCJ's to non payers. If we are successful in issuing a CCJ then costs and charges will be added to the oustanding amount which will increase it quite substantially.

If you receive a CCJ it could seriously effect your credit rating and ability to obtain credit e.g. loans, credit cards, mortgages etc for many years. Please click here for more details

If you do not pay within the required time after receiving a CCJ, you may also face an attachment of earnings order or an enforcement visit by a county court bailiff.

Please see below a list of some recently issued CCJ's Mr Hysen Sefri 0QT26001 £135.00
                        Elemir Dirda 0QT26871 £115.00
                        Mr Jozef Demlak 0QT26987 £125.00
                        Mr Robert Pulko 0QT27553 £395.00
                        Mr Scott Wallace 0QT26996 £125.00
                        Miss Samantha Kelly 0QT12460 £135.00
                        Mr Philip Oyewale 0QT27003 £125.00
                        Mr Barrie Lambe 0QT29016 £115.00
                        Mr Mark Glynn 0QT27008 £115.00
                        Miss Cheryl Bennett 0QT06091 £125.00
                        Mr Claud Mkosi 9QZ66141 £136.00
                        Mr Matthew Keane 9QZ66050 £820.00
                        Mr Gary Robinson 0QT27073 £125.00
                        Samir Higgins 0QT27063 £125.00
                        Mr Ian Gregory 0QT06078 £130.00
                        Mr Wisdom Sabawu 9QZ66504 £980.00
                        N & A AutoCentre 0QT14107 £125.00
                        Mr Jason Farrar 9QZ53651 £125.00
                        Mrs Barbara Fella 0QT06070 £130.00
                        Mr Viktor Balog 0QT27051 £125.00
                        Mr Alan McDonald 0QT26881 £115.00
                        Mr Mohamed Ramdani 0QT27270 £115.00
                        Miss Janine Langley 9QZ36272 £133.40
                        Miss Victoria Steir 0QT52733 £170.00
                        Mrs Kim Tyssen 0QT28405 £155.00

Wondered if these cases were true, reprepsentative or accurate, or whether they've just made them up.

Comment

The newest one on that list looks like 2010 - so not that recent. I would also reckon if they are true then they would all be Default Judgments. Not really sure if they are actually allowed to list them - DPA issues perhaps.

Comment

At the end of the day it has to be your decision.It is in the interests of the PPC to lead you to believe that. Default judgments are common as they go undefended. As soon as it becomes clear you intend to defend any action which may be threatened, I think you'd find they backed down quickly.

We can only make suggestions though, ultimately it has to be your choice. 67% of people pay without question, so you can see why it is worth their while.

Comment

Is there no way you can appeal the "fine" ,charge or whatever. i had a simulair thing at Asda when I went over the two hour limit. on the back of the ticket was a website were you could appeal so I filled it out saying I shop there 2 or 3 times a week and sometimes there is along que at the chekouts that takes you over time. This is not the way to treat your loyal customers etc and won.. Even if you dont have to pay its puts your mind at rest to know you have been cleared.Think this was run by N.C.P.

Comment

For a PPC there is no independent appeals process.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X