• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN for parking on unnamed oad that actually has a name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN for parking on unnamed oad that actually has a name

Hi all,

I'd be very grateful for some advice on a PCN I received please...

Due to having a flat tire, I parked on a verge adjacent to the B6409, I am now of the understanding that this verge is classed as being part of the road, therefore the double yellow lines must be observed.

My car was monitored for 1 minute and I was issued with a PCN, stating that I was parked on an unnamed road, although it was clearly the B6409 as shown in the photo.

I challenged my fine on the following grounds...
    1. Inaccurate information regarding the road details.
    2. Poor visibility of yellow lines as some were not visible and others where white in colour.
    3. The fact that I had pulled over with a flat tire and was waiting for assistance (photographic evidence was supplied supporting said flat tire (shown in photo - front offside).

They have rejected my claim, but it I wish to challenge it. Do I you think I have a good chance regarding the inaccuracy in the naming of the road?

Also...

If I wait for the "notice to owner" and my challenge is unsuccessful? will I have to pay the reduced or full amount of the fine?

You feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thank you!
    B6409 Verge My car with flat tire
    Tags: None

As this is a Penalty Charge Notice suggest you post on Free Traffic Legal Advice (https://www.ftla.uk/), the experts!

Comment

B6409 isn't a road name it's its official number. It probably has a name as well but might not have so 'Unnamed Road' could be correct. But I doubt it makes any difference to the validity of the PCN as long as the PCN adequately identifies where you were.
      All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X