• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN with Newlyn Bailiff M/city council refuse to take Debt back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN with Newlyn Bailiff M/city council refuse to take Debt back

Hi All

Sorry new here first time will try and explain as much as I can. a A PCN for a Bus Lane in Manchester and was issued on my name I was not aware of it at the time as didn’t receive the original PCN.

It went to TEC and then ended up at court and issued a “Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty charge. The amount was for £99 , I was told to contact TEC and dispute this and say I didn’t receive original PCN, I sent the forms of in October last year and for some reason the court refused it as Manchester City council stopped it , this is what I was told when I rang up TEC, anyway it went to Newlyn Pcl and they are now threatening to take goods and take vehicle etc , I no longer own that vehicle as it was a lease vehicle and has been taken back by the lease company.

i was told I can appeal it and have court look at it again however will have to pay the court fees etc, I have a elderly mother whom is vulnerable so wanted to not take it further and tried to pay the PCN online as it was showing £99 however was unable as it stated with Newlyn and shows “warrant issued” Newlyn have not written to me only sent sms. Few weeks ago and I called them explained however they didn’t want to listen to what I had to say and said it’s been paaased onto us by court and you have to pay £409 immediately.

i had the order for recovery and went to the local paypoint and tried there to pay the £99 and it worked and then sent en email to M/city council to recall the debt as I have Now paid the £99

After speaking to the council they basically fobbed me off and said nothing we can do you owe the rest to Newlyn, I explained I didn’t receive no letter from them and they said we have received your payment however it’s not in our control. We will NOT recall the Debt or Warrant and to deal with Newlyn.

Please can someone advise where do I stand as I believe the council under some Act can put a stop to it but won’t do so. Tec have not replied and Manchester City council won’t do anything saying you have to pay Newlyn

Please can you advise

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X