• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice outside the 14 day Period

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice outside the 14 day Period

Hi all
    I received a Parking charge notice from NCP car parks at the beginning of April 24 for an alleged offence from November 23, this penalty charge was a Final Reminder and I have never received the original.
    Looking at all the good advice on here, i.e. the 14 day rule, I thought I would appeal.
    The issue is, as this was a final reminder, there was no way of appealing this on the NCP car parks website, the timescale had passed, I had to send them a letter, stating I wouldn't be paying because of the 14 day rule and this was sent with proof of posting.
    Obviously I heard nothing back, but I was not surprised by this.
    I have now just received a letter from a debt collection agency saying I must pay this penalty charge notice with an increased charge of £170 immediately.
    Firstly, was I correct in regards the 14 day rule and appealing it, if so where do I now go with this, try and contact NCP car parks, debt agency?
    Any advice greatly received as they now have me worried.

Regards Jas the gas
    Tags: None

You were probably correct about the 14 days if the car is registered in your name. and the original non received notice was issued outside the 14 day period

However the notice you refer to is only a reminder, so not actually a notice to appeal.

Which debt collectors have they instructed?
    Probably toothless wonders anyway, who are just trying to scare you into paying.

Send a Subject Access Request to NCP asking in particular for copies of all correspondence sent you.
    When you obtain a reply post back here

Do not identify the driver when writing to them, or on here

Comment

Duplicate post deleted

Comment

Thanks Des for your response,

The Debt Recovery people NCP have instructed are called Trace Recovery.

So over the weekend I used the NCP on line assistance on their web page and managed to get an email address for parking appeals. I have sent them all the info and hopefully I will hear back this week, I will keep you posted.

Regards

Comment

Did you send a "subject access request"?
          Almost guarantee they won't accept an appeal

Comment

Hi Des, do I just use the template on the right and sent this to NCP

Regards

Comment

That is correct

Comment

Hi All

Just a quick catch up on where I am with this appeal.
                So the letter of appeal I send, (as there was no way of appealing on line due to it being a Final Remainder) to the address on the back of their Penalty Charge notice, has just been returned by Royal Mail, stating " We were unable to deliver this item because addressee gone away", What the !!

And email that I sent over 2 weeks ago to the email address supplied by their own NCP On Line assistance portal, is still awaiting any response, no surprise there then !

When and if I hear more I will update.

Have a Good Day All.

Comment

Hi All

GOOD NEWS !!

Well, I received another letter from Trace debt recovery late last week, asking again to pay the £170 owed.
                  I again ignored it in line with the good advise on this forum and thought I would send a follow up email to my original email to NCP, showing proof (Pic) that my recorded delivery appeals letter had been returned, as the above post and that Trace Debt Recovery should stop sending demand notices as this parking charge Notice was under appeal.

Yesterday I received an email from NCP stating all fines are to be canceled, yeah.

Thanks Des8 for all the good advise on this forum, much apricated.

Have a good day

Comment

Well done and thank you for the update

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X