• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

52M PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52M PCN

I hired a car for 3 days in Nov 23, I drove on a road that had a restriction for 2 days in a row following google maps and I did not notice the sign. Following my return of the vehicle I was informed by the hire company I have penalties i.e 4 penalties back and forth on 2 days, of which I paid 2 immediately as I had the PCN number and the transfer of liability was not processed. However the other 2 penalties council informed me there is a request for transfer of liability and I should wait, and I will still get the 14 days discount period.

I did not receive any letters till Jan 24 therefore I call the council request to see if there are any penalties in my name at which point they said they cant hep without the PCN which of course I didn't have at hand because of they never wrote to me. I now in feb received a letter demanding £195 as i didn't pay within the 28 days, so i called them today to inform i never received the first and that I cannot appeal online anymore, so what will be the best course of action.

I was put on hold for quiet sometime only for the guy to come back and say they will reduce it down to £130 each, when i requested to understand why not £65 i was told its because when there is a transfer of liability you don't get the discount which i contested and requested information on where I can see this written down, at which point I was informed I cannot appeal on the call, but the reason why they cant the charge to £65 as I have committed the same offence more than once. "you have been doing the same thing again and again".

I understand I should have paid attention to the road signs and not follow google maps blindly therefore I don't mind paying the charges but to pay £195 when I didn't receive the PCN, and to then not be given the chance to pay 50% less as I committed the same offence more than once, is something I don't understand. I was told I now need to wait to receive the letter from court and appeal this to the court who will also charge me additional fees.

Since I received these PCN I have never driven through that restricted area.

Please can someone help me understand if it is a rule that the council can decide to not offer 50% discount if you have committed the same offence more than once.

Tags: None

You will probably be better posting on "Free Traffic Legal Advice" ( https://www.ftla.uk/index.php)

They are the experts on council Penalty Charge Notices

Comment

Thank you so much. Will try there.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X