• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier parking notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier parking notice

Hi i went to a place in Solihull at 12.49.. unaware we parkerd at the back of the building .. at the back of the building.. the payment meter was out of order ..(i forgot to take a picture because i went round and eventually paid) by the time we went round the front and realised that there was more parking and moved the car . It was 12.52 that the ticket was paid for . not long at all ..
    we paid £2 for 3hours and left the car park at 16.03..
    i did an internal appeal and was rejected...
    with the grace period i feel like they are being very petty
    Do i continue to appeal or do i just pay the £60.00 ..

Tags: None

Could you please post up a copy of the parking charge notice that you have received and your appeal.
    remove all identifying details but leave in all dates and times.
    We might then be able to assist

In the meantime:
    Have you identified the driver to Premier?
    Have you asked the shop/club/hotel or whatever if they will instruct Premier to cancel the ticket?

Comment

Yes i have identified as i tried to appeal it .. didnt think there would be any issues ..
      I have not asked the venue if they can help .. i can go back to the and ask if there is anything that can be done.. if it helps ..
      Attached Files

Comment

When you return to the venue could you get photos of the signage for us?

Comment

Hi, good evening
          i managed to go to the venue . They said they have nothing to do with the parking,as its a private company.
          And said that the charges starts from the moment u enter the car park.
          See attached the signs there ..
          if i have to pay then i have to .. i just think that when u look at the times i would be essentially paying £60 for 4 minutes..
          i cant believe that, thats how long it took to park and find the coins and then pay .

i have attached a photo of the sign
          Attached Files

Comment

To be honest if you don't pay the reduced amount but appeal the case through to PoPLA you are most likely to lose.
            If you then refuse to pay the £100 you will be hounded by debt collectors and eventually issued with a county court claim in excess of £170.

Small Claims track county court is a bit of a lottery even if you have a good case
            If I was in your position I would pay up.
            As keeper you may have had a defence, but I cannot see one for you as driver.
            It is possible that they slip up in the process, but unlikely

Others might have a different opinion.

Comment

Thank you so much for responding des8 .. this all helps alot ..
              Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X