• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking PCN. I have a company car and i've only had a Debt Recovery Plus letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking PCN. I have a company car and i've only had a Debt Recovery Plus letter

Hi,

Firstly thank you very much for your help on this!

I have received a Debt Recovery Plus letter for a parking charge with Smart Parking Ltd, which was addressed to me. This is the first correspondence i have received, and I'm panicking! My car is a company car. The reason for parking is Insufficient paid time.. I doubt i would have been there a long time as i use that car park in my lunch, and have always paid. My only thought is that i may have forgotten once but again i doubt it!

I have emailed Smart Parking about this a few days ago, but haven't received anything back?

Please could anyone advise? The Debt recovery letter says i need to pay by the 12th? i only received this letter on the weekend!!

Thank you
    Tags: None

If it's a company car are you the Registered Keeper? If so is your home address registered with the DVLA and shown on the V5C ['log book'] correct and up to date? If it is then you should have received previous correspondence sent to your home from Smart Parking and DR+ before this. They should be sending correspondence to the address of the Registered Keeper that is held by the DVLA.

(1) Post on here a redacted copy of the letter you have received, cover up all information that could identify you including the car registration number and any DR+ reference numbers or bar codes.

(2) Send Smart Parking and DR+ a data protection Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for copies of all information thay hold about you.

I doubt anything will happen if you ignore the letter (except more letters from DR+) but post it up so we can see what it says. But never ignore a formal Letter of Claim or court documents.

NEVER disclose to Smart Parking or DR+ the identity of the driver, eg say "The driver parked..." not "I parked..." if you need to say anything.
    Last edited by PallasAthena; 10th October 2023, 10:35:AM.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Debt Recovery Plus can be ignored as they are only debt collectors.

What exactly did you say to Smart Parking?
      Is the car registered in your name?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Debt Recovery Plus can be ignored as they are only debt collectors.

What exactly did you say to Smart Parking?
        Is the car registered in your name?
        I haven't received anything from Smart Parking, and my Fleet team are still looking. Fleet are saying that they would hav received the initial charge, and then told them my details and then Smart Parking should have sent me correspondence after. I have checked all my letters and haven't received anything.

Here is the email i sent on Friday...

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could help me.

I have a company car with work and I've just received a Debt Recovery letter which has your details on. It has said that I have a car parking charge? To my knowledge I always pay there, you will have this car registration (i put my car reg in here) in your database and see that I pay. If I haven't paid it would have been a total mistake and I'm really sorry.

Also I haven't even received the initial letter? I've called up our Fleet team to see if they have it, and they don't either?

Is there a way we can resolve this please?

Thank you for your assistance,

(my name)

Comment

Hi,

I have just had an email from my fleet team to say they have sorted it! phew!!

Thank you!!

Comment

Thanks for the update.
            A word of warning: keep all correspondence for 6 years as some parking companies have a habit of reviving past matters!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X