• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PayByPhone CP Plus DCBL Appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayByPhone CP Plus DCBL Appeal

As the registered keeper my vehicle was parked at a Moto service station 7/4/23 and an attempt to pay via paybyphone was made in guest mode. It turned out due to an error this was unsuccessful, and a parking charge reminder was sent via post on 4/5/23. The reminder claims the initial charge was sent on 17/4/23 however I did not receive this letter. The appeal deadline was stated as 14days so I was past this by the time I received a letter. DCBL have now contacted me, is there anyway to appeal?

For further info PayByPhone admitted an issue that meant the user was "locked into a guest account", which was why the user was not able to log in and have a stored receipt. I don't know if this helps the case at all?
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Boxhill View Post
    As the registered keeper my vehicle was parked at a Moto service station 7/4/23 and an attempt to pay via paybyphone was made in guest mode. It turned out due to an error this was unsuccessful, and a parking charge reminder was sent via post on 4/5/23. The reminder claims the initial charge was sent on 17/4/23 however I did not receive this letter. The appeal deadline was stated as 14days so I was past this by the time I received a letter. *DCBL have now contacted me, is there anyway to appeal?

For further info PayByPhone admitted an issue that meant the user was "locked into a guest account", which was why the user was not able to log in and have a stored receipt. I don't know if this helps the case at all?
    *DCB Limited, or DCB Legal?

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

DCB Limited

Comment

DCB Limited
        That will just be a debt collector's letter, probably threatening all kinds of dire consequences of not paying them.
        However, as they have no locus standi in the matter, it is all empty threats.
        File & ignore.
        If/when you receive a formal letter before claim from the parking company or their legal rep (probably DCB Legal), post back on this thread.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you CHARITYNJW
          Should I be doing anything in the meantime like requesting a SAR from CP Plus/Group Nexus?

Comment

Thank you CHARITYNJW
            Should I be doing anything in the meantime like requesting a SAR from CP Plus/Group Nexus?
            If it was me, I'd wait to see if an lbc was issued. Any info (far more than would be obtained via a SAR) can be requested under pre-action protocols.
            But meanwhile it would be a good idea to take photos of the site signs.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Good evening. I've now received a letter of claim from DCB Legal. I'm trying to upload a picture but am getting the following error "Image thumbnail creation failed from JPEG."

Comment

Try uploading to a hosting site (imgur?) and posting up the link

Comment

Thanks, here's the link to Google drive
                  https://drive.google.com/drive/mobil...84X9QqO72ecWzx

Comment

OK so now send DCB Legal a request for further information so you can assess the merits of their claim.
                    You ask for all the documents which they intend to rely on for bringing the case, in compliance with the overriding objective as set out in CPR1.

Send the letter first class post with free certificate of posting from post office

If all those attachments you posted are all they have they have a problem!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X