• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not wearing seatbelt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not wearing seatbelt

I was caught not wearing my seatbelt. I literally drove 2 mins down the road at 20 miles an hour to get my lunch.

I don't know if I can fight against this decision on the basis the police man lied to my face. I asked him if he could use his discretion to let me off. His response was I am not allowed which is a total lie.

Secondly I wonder if I can get the penalty quashed due to the fact he never at anytime told me he was videoing me and I still don't know if I was recorded by his body cam.

It makes you feel sick that we pay for this kind of police they are meant promote good public relations they are a joke!
    Tags: None

I cannot but help suspect this is a fake post as surely noone would think they would be able to fight a ticket issued on either basis. If it is genuine you should pay the fine and learn the lesson.

Comment

But he literally drove without a seat belt.

To misquote Brian Clough, it only takes a second to have an accident.

I am unimpressed by the OP's last line. He should clunk click every trip.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X