• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPC court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPC court claim

Hi, received a UKPC county court dated 20.02.2023

I parked in residential parking on 8/11/2019, it was my friends car park slot and they emailed the building manager and they immediately added me to their IPERMIT. I have their email correspondence. I also challenged this with UKPC and sent them the documents and details, as well as the email correspondence.

I received no response and I assumed the issue was resolved. The covid pandemic happened and I received a letter Jan 2021, which I sent another challenge letter
    via post but did not receive a response (which DCBL now claims that they sent a letter to my temporary DVLA address although they sent the letter to my home address at the time)

they claim the have sent "letter before action in Jan 2023" to my old address.

1. what is the next step for me please?

2. I have written CPR 31.14 and ready to send to UKPC and DCBL. (they asked for passport/driving licence, should i send them?)

3. should i just tick "i intend to defend all" box and send to them (the court)? and use recorded royal mail?

4. wait to receive information from UKPC in the meanwhile wait for court paper to write my defense?

Tags: None

Originally posted by eamax View Post
    Hi, received a UKPC county court dated 20.02.2023

I parked in residential parking on 8/11/2019, it was my friends car park slot and they emailed the building manager and they immediately added me to their IPERMIT. I have their email correspondence. I also challenged this with UKPC and sent them the documents and details, as well as the email correspondence.

I received no response and I assumed the issue was resolved. The covid pandemic happened and I received a letter Jan 2021, which I sent another challenge letter
    via post but did not receive a response (which DCBL now claims that they sent a letter to my temporary DVLA address although they sent the letter to my home address at the time)

they claim the have sent "letter before action in Jan 2023" to my old address.

1. what is the next step for me please?

2. I have written CPR 31.14 and ready to send to UKPC and DCBL. (they asked for passport/driving licence, should i send them?)

3. should i just tick "i intend to defend all" box and send to them (the court)? and use recorded royal mail?

4. wait to receive information from UKPC in the meanwhile wait for court paper to write my defense?

Yes, acknowledge & tick the 'defend all' box for now.
    Are you using MCOL?
    Send the request for disclosured asap (no doubt DCB Legal will complain about a CPR 31 letter, but no matter, lol).
    But do not miss your defence deadline by waiting for a response. The latest for filing a defence is 33 days from the court claim issue date.
    You can file a holding defence.
    Btw, there is no need to send any ID with the request. They've issued a county court claim against you. Are they suggesting they don't know whether you are the correct person?
    Seriously?
    Numpties!
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

no not using MCOL. intending to use paper form that came with claim form for county court.
      is it better/quicker to use MCOL?

What is and how can i file a holding defence? is it simply stating that i'm waiting for evidence so need extension to file my defence?

and yes i will send CPR 31 today, without any ID, lets annoy DCB Legal

Thank you

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

no not using MCOL. intending to use paper form that came with claim form for county court.
        is it better/quicker to use MCOL?

I normally acknowledge via MCOL, but file the defence by email. That way MCOL can be used to keep an eye on proceedings.

What is and how can i file a holding defence? is it simply stating that i'm waiting for evidence so need extension to file my defence?

Not an extention, but it 'ticks the box' for fiing on time.

and yes i will send CPR 31 today, without any ID, lets annoy DCB Legal

DCB Legal are annoying enough as it is, lol.

Thank you

#####
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi again and many thanks for your reply. I have a few more questions and was hoping if you could help me please:

1) Do you know of any good templates available for writing the defence?

2) I have a an email from the owner of the property saying that I was parking in the parking space with their permission and offered their contact details to be passed down to any relevant company or court for further information- Is this a good evidence?

3) I have SAR from UKPC and they sent me several very faint pictures of my car with barely visible number plate (only visible in one picture but then the location of the car is not visible as it is a very close up picture) and one picture that shows the car from a slight distance is showing the area but the number plate is white-out. (attached here)

4) The location of the car parked according to the landlord indicated by post code lets say is X then the PCN says the location post code is A which is quite far from where I parked. I have attached the screenshot of google map indicating X (my car) and A (the PCN)- Do you think this is also a good point to make in the defence?

Attached Files

Comment

Hi again and many thanks for your reply. I have a few more questions and was hoping if you could help me please:

1) Do you know of any good templates available for writing the defence?

2) I have a an email from the owner of the property saying that I was parking in the parking space with their permission and offered their contact details to be passed down to any relevant company or court for further information- Is this a good evidence?

Can't the landowner just contact UKPC & tell them to cancel the pcn?

3) I have SAR from UKPC and they sent me several very faint pictures of my car with barely visible number plate (only visible in one picture but then the location of the car is not visible as it is a very close up picture) and one picture that shows the car from a slight distance is showing the area but the number plate is white-out. (attached here)

4) The location of the car parked according to the landlord indicated by post code lets say is X then the PCN says the location post code is A which is quite far from where I parked. I have attached the screenshot of google map indicating X (my car) and A (the PCN)- Do you think this is also a good point to make in the defence?

A moot point if the above can be achieved.

####

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I did appeal to UKPC with the evidence previously that the landowner was happy for me to park there and they just ignored that. (I wrote that as a letter with evidence) and they replied to to my old address ignoring the address I was putting down as my current address.- in their reply they just said that it is out of the challenge period- yes it was 2 years ago and mid-covid Feb 2021)

they ignored my first online appeal too

Comment

I did appeal to UKPC with the evidence previously that the landowner was happy for me to park there and they just ignored that. (I wrote that as a letter with evidence) and they replied to to my old address ignoring the address I was putting down as my current address.- in their reply they just said that it is out of the challenge period- yes it was 2 years ago and mid-covid Feb 2021)

they ignored my first online appeal too
                With all due respect, you are not the landowner.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Please note that I never received any letters from UKPC, I only started to realise that I am in trouble by receiving letters from DCBL to home address, whilst I again contacted UKPC and sent them a letter as hard copy (as the first one online in Nov 2019 was ignored/rejcted/lost/missed??)

Comment

good point. what I do I will contact UKPC now and see if they accept that. The landowner has given me an email also the managing agency also that the landowner is happy for me to park there. I had all the evidences yesterday.

actually there is not a method to contact them unless I write to them and I have done that before and no result = in fact they contacted me on my old house address (which now they provided the evidence in SAR)
                    Last edited by eamax; 1st March 2023, 13:04:PM.

Comment

That to me seems to be a very good reason to ask the landowner to intervene on your behalf.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

hi, to update, had an email from DCB legal asking to settle, what does this mean? they only offered £60 reduction to £230 (£290 originally)
                        i don't think i should accept, and ask to go to court.

1. if i go to court and i lose, will there be additional charges? or £290 is the max? and if lose and pay the £290 would i get a CCJ?
                        2. should i just ignore DCBL or reply and say i want to go to court?

thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

hi, to update, had an email from DCB legal asking to settle, what does this mean? they only offered £60 reduction to £230 (£290 originally)
                          i don't think i should accept, and ask to go to court.

1. if i go to court and i lose, will there be additional charges? or £290 is the max? and if lose and pay the £290 would i get a CCJ?
                          2. should i just ignore DCBL or reply and say i want to go to court?

thanks
                          What date is on this?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

today's date 22/03/23

Comment

Have you filed a defence yet?
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X