• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCBL Parking Charge.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCBL Parking Charge.

I have received a debt recovery letter from DCBL (Direct collection bailiffs Ltd) in relation to an unpaid parking charge. The reason given was parking without displaying a permit.I do own the vehicle in question.

I think the parking occurred at an NHS car park & the vehicle does not have a permit to park at that location.The vehicle was there for for the purpose of an emergency visit with a family member.I did not see any notice displayed.

Date of offence given as 3.11.22. Date of this DCBL letter; 2.3.23 No prior notice of any kind has been received either on the car or at my home address. This is my first knowledge of the matter.

DCBLsay; At this point you are no longer able to appeal the charge & the next opportunity to dispute will be if the matter is taken to court.

You now have 14 days to pay or phone us.This case is not subject to high court or bailiff action.
    Please can somebody advise any action I should take? Thank you.

Tags: None

Originally posted by sandfordboy View Post
    I have received a debt recovery letter from DCBL (Direct collection bailiffs Ltd) in relation to an unpaid parking charge. The reason given was parking without displaying a permit.I do own the vehicle in question.

I think the parking occurred at an NHS car park & the vehicle does not have a permit to park at that location.The vehicle was there for for the purpose of an emergency visit with a family member.I did not see any notice displayed.

Date of offence given as 3.11.22. Date of this DCBL letter; 2.3.23 No prior notice of any kind has been received either on the car or at my home address. This is my first knowledge of the matter.

DCBLsay; At this point you are no longer able to appeal the charge & the next opportunity to dispute will be if the matter is taken to court.

You now have 14 days to pay or phone us.This case is not subject to high court or bailiff action.
    Please can somebody advise any action I should take? Thank you.
    If the letter is from DCB Limited, you can ignore it.
    They are a third party debt collector & so have no legal right to enforce the alleged contract, or rather, breach of same.
    But be on the lookout for a letter before claim from either the parking company or their legal representative.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you for this,will come back if I receive anything more.

Comment

I have now received another letter from DCBL as a final reminder.Says the same as the original letter & does not mention a letter before claim.Please can someone confirm - any action required? Thank you.

Comment

I have now received another letter from DCBL as a final reminder.Says the same as the original letter & does not mention a letter before claim.Please can someone confirm - any action required? Thank you.
          Same answer as in post #2
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thank you for this & understood. If I do receive a letter before claim? is there any preparatory work I can do now? Dont want to have additional stress through rushing things if I can be prepared. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for this & understood. If I do receive a letter before claim? is there any preparatory work I can do now? Dont want to have additional stress through rushing things if I can be prepared. Thanks.
              If it were me I'd take photos of the existing site & signs.
              But as far as any communications, no, not yet.
              If they do send an LBC, it should come with a paper copy PAP response pack.
              It can be further dealt with from there.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

What happens if you have had letters before claim from parkingeye 25 Jan but then they have forwarded claim on to DCBL who sent 8 march.notice of recovery of unpaid parking charge
                Back story, son moved to area where neighbouring company says they own carpark, only access to his front door through carpark. 3 different loaded cars 3 different days trips to unload ,received county court claim from Parkingeye for 1 vehicle, issue date 6 march.
                sent email with defence with photos, witness statement and tenancy agreement. can DCBL use letter before claim from parkingeye?

Comment

Originally posted by DenyDenyDeny View Post
                  What happens if you have had letters before claim from parkingeye 25 Jan but then they have forwarded claim on to DCBL who sent 8 march.notice of recovery of unpaid parking charge
                  Back story, son moved to area where neighbouring company says they own carpark, only access to his front door through carpark. 3 different loaded cars 3 different days trips to unload ,received county court claim from Parkingeye for 1 vehicle, issue date 6 march.
                  sent email with defence with photos, witness statement and tenancy agreement. can DCBL use letter before claim from parkingeye?
                  Please start your own thread, or if you already have, post your query on that one.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry charity thought it was relevant if parkingEye had already sent LBC then got past onto dcbl. If it related.

Comment

Originally posted by DenyDenyDeny View Post
                      Sorry charity thought it was relevant if parkingEye had already sent LBC then got past onto dcbl. If it related.
                      No need to apologise to me.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi Sandford Boy, I was hoping you could share the outcome of your situation if you don't mind, which will support any action I need to take?
                        I have received the same 'notice of debt recovery' and 'final reminder' letters as you did. My reason for the charge was different but there was no clear sign and terms displayed, and my car got stuck in a small retail park unintentionally with no options available to contact someone to help me.

Will i be able to hold off on any action being taken against me? will they give up or follow through with their court threat?

I will really appreciate the time you take to read my enquiry and offer any advice. Thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X