• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£100 Parking Charge Notice - Innocently 20 minutes over time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £100 Parking Charge Notice - Innocently 20 minutes over time

Hello...

Your help would be most welcome, so thank you in advance...

Unfortunately I have just received a £100 parking charge (not a penalty if that makes any difference) from CarFlow (reduced to £60 if I pay now) for breaching their parking terms.I paid for 2 hours as I was confident that was enough time but happened to be out on a Christmas shopping trip with my 9 year old daughter for her school friends, Dad etc. Basically I returned 20 minutes late (she needed the toilet and was having meltdown). If I am being honest, I didn't actually realise I was over time. I am shocked it was 20 minutes, I am usually very good with those sorts of things...

Anyhow, I am aware I breached the terms, its there in black and white but is there anything I can do? I mean I paid in good faith, I was just late back, for all the reasons every parent will understand.

Should I contact them and plead, ignore, pay it or put together a defiant case?

Many thanks again.
    Tags: None

Hello

Are you able to share details of the location of the parking and also the PCN letter you received? There are strict requirements before a parking company can hold the registered keeper liable and even then, there might be alternative defences available.

Bear in mind, any communications with CarFlow should be stated as "the driver did this or that" and do not refer to yourself in the first person otherwise you just give it all away and they don't need to chase the registered keeper as they can go directly after the driver.

It would be sensible to edit your initial post to say the driver as some parking companies monitor these forums and may use your posts against you if legal proceedings are issued.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X