• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BP Stansted - MET Parking Services Ltd - dcbl - Notice of Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Stansted - MET Parking Services Ltd - dcbl - Notice of Debt Recovery

Hi all, I am new here. I have previously read through a lot of stickies, letter templates and all the rest when arriving late to the party on this. But when I was told that MET Parking Services Ltd never pursue, I just stopped letting it stress me. However, I don't know of a specific way to deal with mine at this stage and there aren't that many similar topics with a specific answer in my case and the company seem to be using a new, successful debt collection company with an in-house solicitors firm.

I will try to be as clear and concise as possible:
    - Hired a car June 2019, was running late to drop it back at Stansted Airport, had JUST enough time
    - Planned to fill up at BP just next to it...as I pulled up attendants were at the entrance saying the pumps are down, but should only be 10 minutes and to go in and wait
    - Waited ten mins...went into shop and asked...waited another ten mins...same again. The pumps came back on after 30 mins, except 2, one being mine...joined behind a few cars for a working pump
    - Was there for a total of 43 minutes...had some serious stuff going on in my lift too...this just added more noise
    - Had NO idea about the signs because I wasn't collecting anyone, didn't see any and it was like I had forgotten about parking at airports...it just didn't click
    - Sign on entrance is conveniently placed so that is is exactly where you are looking for a pump to fill up at and not for random small signs...deliberate

- I got a letter forwarded to me from Hertz from MET Parking Services Ltd informing met they want £100
    - Being naive and assuming humans aren't all evil, I thought compassion is surely enough and explained...MET Parking Services Ltd replied something along the lines of "don't care all we wanted to know is that you were driving" basically an own goal :/
    - Complained to BP, the station manager trolled me and said "nothing on that day" without actually checking. Literally when said "pumps were off that day can you check" instantly replied I've just checked and they weren't...complained to CEO of BP via email and was told no evidence / proof of them being down and nothing in the realms of till receipts etc. I wasn't lying, it happened! We were ALL sitting there waiting.
    - Appealed via POPLA, though defence initially wasn't strong enough and I put together a proper defence after but they already rejected my appeal and their comments box (up to 300 chars) wasn't quite enough and they refused to accept what I did put it in, telling me it was basically final
    - Started getting letters from some sketchy "debt recovery plus" or something, for last two years, which I've ignored.....for a total of £170 (where did this extra £70 come from which I didn't agree to)
    - Got one today from a more legit company called dcbl (Direct Collection Bailiffs Ltd)...same £170

I've essentially been punished for listening to BP staff, tricked into waiting to give them custom, treated like rubbish on the other end and essentially called a liar with no benefit of doubt given. Then treated the same by these awful predatory parking companies.

The only proof of anything I have is reference to my pump still not working and some angry faces to my Dad on the date and time. That and the fact I purchased something from BP on that day.

I don't understand my rights here or how I deal with this now, so would really appreciate your help here. I have photos of evidence of all of the signage they have provided in response to POPLA. The one thing that still confused me is how they can get away with that placement of a sign in such a stupid place with small writing on.

Do I have any other grounds to argue this on and has anyone else been in this position.

I find it infuriating that this company can share my personal details with other companies and it's not covered under some GDPR clause.

Would really appreciate the time taken to respond to this. I cannot let these horrible companies get away with this, out of principle too.

I really do not want s CCJ

Please let me know my options!

Thanks
    Tags: None

If you don't want a CCJ registered against you your options are:
    1) pay up
    2) ignore them and see if they eventually initiate court action.
    At that point you can either fold, or dispute the debt and hope the judge finds your defence believable.
    If you win ..no CCJ
    If you lose... pay within 30 days and no CCJ recorded on your credit reports

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X