• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

C P Plus/ Debt Recovery Plus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C P Plus/ Debt Recovery Plus

Hello

I received a parking charge for overstaying a free parking allowance at a local retail park.

I sent a letter using the template I saw on here about not naming the driver and also back stating that the penalty was showing as issued 16 days after the alleged offence. I didn't hear back but wasn't overly concerned.

Fast forward 8 weeks, we've just moved house and I receive another letter, this time from Debt Recovery Plus, demanding money or I'll be taken to court. This time, instead of writing, I emailed Nexus group and reasserted that the penalty would not be paid, and that the penalty was issued after 14 days had elapsed. They just replied to say that as the matter had now gone to a debt collection agency, they were no longer going to correspond with me on the matter, and directed me to them. That stumped me

​​​​​​I replied saying that they should inform the dca that the penalty was issued incorrectly and have them close the account, or I would be reporting them to the relevant authorities.

Have I done the wrong thing, or should I have come here before the horse had bolted?

Thanks.

​​​​​​

​​​
    Tags: None

Hi - just bumping my post. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Depends what you put in your appeal. Normally the PCN must be received within 14 days if no windscreen ticket. But you have called it a penalty, which it is definitely is not.

What appropriate authorities would you report them to?

Are they BPA members and did you receive a POPLA code?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X