• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - Witham Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - Witham Station

Hi

Yesterday I recieved a Parking Charge Notice, dated 03rd August, relating to an alleged parking violation on 1st May at Witham Station Car Park.

After browing the forums here I filled out an online appeal for with the following response:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Today I have recieved the following response from NCP:

Dear Mr .....

Thank you for your appeal received on 8th August 2022 regarding the above detailed Parking Charge Notice.

We have reviewed your case and considered the comments you have made. Your appeal has also been considered in conjunction with the evidence gathered by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras, which record your entry and exit times. Our records show the notice was correctly issued as payment was not made for your parking session.

On Railway Land managed by NCP, we currently enforce under contract law. We are not allowed to use the provisions of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (POFA) & Keeper Liability as Railway Land is exempt from this. Therefore, timescales defined in POFA are not required to be met but there is an expectation that if an operator does not make use of Keeper Liability provisions, they are expected to adhere to the DVLA’s guidelines and contractual requirements to issue the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) no later than 7 months after the parking event.

You now have 14 days from the date the letter is received to pay at the discounted rate of £60. If after 14 days payment hasn't been made the charge will increase to the full rate of £100.

Therefore to make payment please visit . Once full payment is received the case will be closed.

You have reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. NCP will not assess further appeals in relation to this matter. However, in line with our Accredited Trade Association (ATA) membership we are required to provide you with an Independent Appeals Service. If you wish to appeal your case further you can now only do so to Parking On Private Land Appeals (POPLA) provided by Ombudsman Services on instruction of the British Parking Association. All information on how to appeal to POPLA is provided on their website you will need the following 10-digit verification code to submit your appeal

Please note that should you wish to appeal to POPLA you must do so within 28 days from the date of this letter. If POPLA reject your appeal you will be liable for the full amount of this PCN. The discounted amount will not be reinstated under any circumstances. POPLA will also not asses a case that has been paid prior to the appeal being received by them. By law we are also required to inform you, Ombudsman Services provides an alternative dispute resolution service (ADR) that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, NCP have chosen not to participate in their ADR service and as such should you wish to appeal further you must do so to POPLA as detailed above.

Should I pay the fine now or is it worth appealing again and on what grounds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: None

Appeal on the fact that they are claiming from the keeper and ned to adhere to POFA. It is also byelaw land and not relevant land so POFA does not apply. Tell that to POPLA.

Comment

Great thanks Ostell, just to confirm, I should appeal now using the link they provided and the 10 digit refernce number using those reasons you have stated above?

Comment

Yes, and any other POFA fails that re in their PCN

Comment

Thanks Ostell. I appealed to POPLA yesterday and they have just emailed me to say that the operator has reviewed my appeal and cancelled the car parking charge.

Thanks very much for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X