• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice received after 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice received after 30 days

Hello,

I received a first reminder letter parking charge notice today 5th March 2022.

This is the first time I have received any notice about this parking charge.

1. No ticket was left on the windscreen
    2. No original notice was given to me
    3. The offence date was on the 29th January 2022. They sent out the letter on 2nd March 2022 and received in the post 5th March 2022. That’s well over 30 days after the offence!

Any advice on what I can do?

Many Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

So post up the redacted PCN but leave dates. This looks like they believe a notice was left on the windscreen

Comment

Parking Charge Notice
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        So post up the redacted PCN but leave dates. This looks like they believe a notice was left on the windscreen
        Thank you.

Just posted front and back of PCN.

Thanks again

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx, which appears to be suggesting that a parking ticket was affixed to the vehicle at the time.

I can see no indication in your photograph of a PCN being attached to the vehicle but what I can see is a Blue Badge lying on the windscreen of the car. This completely negates your assertion that no Blue Badge was displayed. If no ticket was affixed to the vehicle then you have failed to deliver the Notice to Keeper within the relevant period of 14 days, as required by 9 (4) of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (the Act) and I, as the keepr cannot be held liable.

Assuming you did affix a notice then you have failed to comply with the requirements of the Act namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 8 (2) (e) of the Act.

You have also failed to correctly give the notice of keeper liability as required by 8 (2) (f) of the Act. Indeed you are suggesting that a ticket was affixed to the windscreen but reference 9 (2) (f), which is specifically for those situations when no notice has been affixed to the windscreen. As you are not sure about the situation then how can I be expected to know the true version of events.

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
          Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office.

I've never seen such a mangled attempt at a Notice to Keeper. If it gets to POPLA then you have a very good chance of succeeding.

Comment

Thank you very much. I have sent a letter in the post and will keep everyone updated. Thanks again

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx, which appears to be suggesting that a parking ticket was affixed to the vehicle at the time.

I can see no indication in your photograph of a PCN being attached to the vehicle but what I can see is a Blue Badge lying on the windscreen of the car. This completely negates your assertion that no Blue Badge was displayed. If no ticket was affixed to the vehicle then you have failed to deliver the Notice to Keeper within the relevant period of 14 days, as required by 9 (4) of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (the Act) and I, as the keepr cannot be held liable.

Assuming you did affix a notice then you have failed to comply with the requirements of the Act namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 8 (2) (e) of the Act.

You have also failed to correctly give the notice of keeper liability as required by 8 (2) (f) of the Act. Indeed you are suggesting that a ticket was affixed to the windscreen but reference 9 (2) (f), which is specifically for those situations when no notice has been affixed to the windscreen. As you are not sure about the situation then how can I be expected to know the true version of events.

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.
              Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office.

I've never seen such a mangled attempt at a Notice to Keeper. If it gets to POPLA then you have a very good chance of succeeding.

Hiya,

I sent the above letter and now received the attached letter with the alleged original parking letter dated now 31st January 2022.

It looks like they are requesting the drivers details and without this information they can not process the appeal. Is this a trap to get the drivers details?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Comment

Respond saying that you did not receive the alleged first letter, and therefore the comment about failing to deliver within 14 days still stands, as do the other comments. There is no requirement to identify the driver.

Perhaps they could show proof that the alleged notice entered the postal system on the date alleged.

And also comment on an apparent blue badge visible on the photo

Comment

Respond saying that you did not receive the alleged first letter, and therefore the comment about failing to deliver within 14 days still stands, as do the other comments. There is no requirement to identify the driver.

Perhaps they could show proof that the alleged notice entered the postal system on the date alleged.

And also comment on an apparent blue badge visible on the photo
                  Hi Again,

I did reply back to the last letter and it looks like they have ignored and now sent final reminder notice.

I have attached the reminder notice.

Any advice.

Many Thanks in advance and look forward to your reply.

Click image for larger version

Name:	THIRD NOTICE FRONT - EDITED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1614703

Click image for larger version

Name:	THIRD NOTICE BACK - EDITED.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	1614704
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone,

any advice please

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X