• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Euro Car Parks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Car Parks

Hi LB team,

Looking for some help and advice.

I received a Final Notification Letter from Euro Car Parks on the 22nd of January notifying me of their demand for payment for a PCN issued on 18/12/2021 which is now valued at £100.00 (ECP Final Notification Letter).

I appealed the notice as I have never received any other notification from them in regards to this matter. I also informed them that I HAD registered my VRN at the site and had witnesses that could be supplied to support this fact (there were three in our party that were standing with me at the terminal as I input my VRN details).

ECP has written back and denied my appeal stating that there was no VRN registered and I had not fulfilled the requirements of parking at the site, which I had and it was witnessed (ECP Appeal Notification).

They have told me, although the appeal has been denied, that if I pay a £20.00 administration fee, the PCN will be cancelled and no further action will be taken.

I begrudge paying for something I actually did right and had parked legally at the site in question.

Surely, failing to notify me of the PCN within 14 days nullifies the PCN straight away? Also, they have not requested the witness details who were there and saw me entering the VRN details to prove that the VRN was indeed entered. In my head, ECP has acknowledged something is amiss as they are not demanding the full PCN charge, just the £20 administration fee within 14 days and the PCN will "disappear", otherwise I will be facing the full £100 fee again. Their actions come across as nothing less than blackmail (pay us £20 or else.....).

Is there anything I can do with regards to this, or am I going to have to surrender to their blackmailing tactics and pay £20 within 14 days to prevent this escalating further?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X