• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel internal appeal -Are they trying their luck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel internal appeal -Are they trying their luck?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice regarding a pcn issued by Excel within an ANPR carpark. I was not the driver at the time of the event, merely the keeper

According to the IPC terms and conditions I should have been referred to the IAS by Excel Parking upon rejection of my appeal. My appeal at the time was that Excel hadn't complied with section four of the Protection of Freedom Act (POFA) so keeper liability couldn't be invoked and they should contact the driver directly. No additional evidence was supplied by Excel beyond the pcn showing the vehicle entering and leaving the car park.

I requested a SAR which showed that the appeal was processed through their internal appeal system with the hard copy response from Excel stating

"We acknowledge receipt of your appear(representations) received on .............. in relation to the above Parking Charge Notice.

We note the comments you have made advising that you were the registered keeper of the above vehicle on......

In your particular case we are not seeking to rely on POFA 2012. Despite the points you raise, we will continue to pursue the claim on the reasonable assumption that you were the driver on the date in question until Information to the contrary is provided"

When I contacted Excel about not having being issued an IAS referral I received the following response.

" From the correspondence, I note that this was not a "Challenge" to the Parking Charge Notice, but a "Representation" alluding to the transfer of liability as your communication simply states that you were the registered keeper and that we were required to "contact the driver directly."

The representation as the Registered Keeper was acknowledged and replied on the ..........., in which the representation was responded to and you were asked to provide the name and address of the Driver responsible and that the case would be placed temporarily on hold to allow receipt of this information.

As far as I am able to determine, there was no response to our communication and since there had been no formal Challenge to the PCN, as the correspondence simply alluded to driver liability, there was nothing for us to respond to that would qualify for representation to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS)."

Now I'm a little annoyed.as Excel eventually cancelled the PCN at the Acknowledgement of Service stage, but I had almost five years of aggressive, stress inducing material so would have appreciated completing my counterclaim, furthermore I feel I was denied the opportunity to end all of this years ago through the IAS route.

Could someone give there opinion as to whether Excel were justified in not referring me? or if they were basically trying to wriggle out of the fact they should have referred me.

Kind regards

Moon x

Tags: None

If you went the IAS route you would probably lose

Comment

Thanks Ostell.

Yes from what I hear, but being denied the opportunity seems to me to be against the "data should be processed fairly" principle

Comment

Nothing is "Fair " in private parking

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X