• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PNC 13 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNC 13 days

Hello,

Could I have some advice on the attached PCN please.

I already emailed an appeal to them prior to reading some of these forums based on us stopping in the car park for a medical emergency. I have received no reply from the company and have also emailed them twice demanding a response which I am still yet to receive.

The circumstances are as follows.

The driver was transporting another person to hospital who is heavily pregnant and due to complications with the baby is having additional scans, these scans are long and painful and the patient has low blood pressure which causes passing out.
    On the way back form the appointment the patient was getting Pains and not feeling at all well. The driver stopped at the nearest place available, not seeing any signs. The car park was at the rear of a retail estate and was empty at the time.

The date of the alleged offence was the 14/9/21, date on the letter was 24/9/21 and received the letter on the 27/9/21. Concerned that they have yet responded as it is approaching the 28 days.

The time of being in the car park was 10 minutes after which the patient was feeling better and able to continue the journey.

Any advice on how to appeal this would be appreciated as I dont thing the notice is fair given the circumstances.
    Tags: None

This is a copy of the notice
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi GIKSTER

ostell Can you please take a look and advise. Many thanks.

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

That should have been your appeal. What did you appeal

Comment

Hello,

Thankyou for your reply.

I only realised after reading this forum that my appeal was incorrect.
          I emailed the appeal and explained driver circumstances and that the stop for 10 minutes in the car park was due to a medical emergency and that due to this i believe the fee should be waived.

Comment

You would think that the following would be enough for them to see sense, evidenced by hospital documents, e.g. date etc.

'The driver was transporting another person to hospital who is heavily pregnant and due to complications with the baby is having additional scans, these scans are long and painful and the patient has low blood pressure which causes passing out.
            On the way back form the appointment the patient was getting Pains and not feeling at all well. The driver stopped at the nearest place available, not seeing any signs. The car park was at the rear of a retail estate and was empty at the time.;

Comment

Thankyou, I have had no reply by email and I believe 28 days are up today so a little worried.

Maybe I would also send a letter today to be sure.

Comment

I added the hospital appointment letter as evidence also which showed the time a couple of hours prior to the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by gikster View Post
                  Thankyou, I have had no reply by email and I believe 28 days are up today so a little worried.

Maybe I would also send a letter today to be sure.
                  I would email it, they have no excuse not acknowledging your letters.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X