• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking

I received a pcn from smart parking through the post last year approximately 7 weeks after the alleged offence. I have (probably foolishly) ignored all letters since then as I understand the initial notice from smart parking should be received within 14 days. Now at letter before claim stage. On above grounds am I likely to win if it goes to court. Thanks in advance for any advice
    Tags: None

Hi PEAKING1914

Can you upload the PCN from last year and also the LBA removing all personal details. Use Imgur if you can to upload.

ostell Can you please take a look and advise, Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I'm a bit of a technophobe so don't really do computers. I f it helps I'll detail specifics of notice. From smart parking, letter date 21/10/20. Relating to overstay of 20 mins or so. Alleged offence date is 15/08/20. No ticket, just photo evidence. £100 to pay orv£60 if paid within 14 days. This is first notice from smart parking, the one with photos. Bizzarly, the first communication regarding this issue was a letter from debt recovery plus dated 29/9/20 (so approx 6 weeks after so called offence) this letter tells me I owe £170 due to not paying parking charge. (though I'd obviously not received one yet) incidentally as there is more than one driver on policy we genuinely haven't a clue who was driving. Recently revived letter before claim from cst law saying they're instructed by smart p to commence legal action in the event the debt is not paid. Payment options are all to drp. Extra papers relating to debt advice, financial statement also included. I haven't responded in any way to this alledged debt. Hope I've not missed anything. Just wondering if a response would be effective in deterring further action from them. Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Comment

So post the fill text of the PCN. Smart frequently get it wrong and unable to hold the keeper liable

Post on a hosting site such as imgur and put the link on here

Comment

Originally posted by Peaking1914 View Post
          Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I'm a bit of a technophobe so don't really do computers. I f it helps I'll detail specifics of notice. From smart parking, letter date 21/10/20. Relating to overstay of 20 mins or so. Alleged offence date is 15/08/20. No ticket, just photo evidence. £100 to pay orv£60 if paid within 14 days. This is first notice from smart parking, the one with photos. Bizzarly, the first communication regarding this issue was a letter from debt recovery plus dated 29/9/20 (so approx 6 weeks after so called offence) this letter tells me I owe £170 due to not paying parking charge. (though I'd obviously not received one yet) incidentally as there is more than one driver on policy we genuinely haven't a clue who was driving. Recently revived letter before claim from cst law saying they're instructed by smart p to commence legal action in the event the debt is not paid. Payment options are all to drp. Extra papers relating to debt advice, financial statement also included. I haven't responded in any way to this alledged debt. Hope I've not missed anything. Just wondering if a response would be effective in deterring further action from them. Many thanks in advance for any advice.
          https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...-and-documents

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X