• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN after 14 days from Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN after 14 days from Smart Parking

I have read through several posts and am fairly sure that I know what to do, but would like to check that I am right, if someone would be kind enough to confirm.

I received a 'Parking Charge Notice' from Smart Parking, it was addressed with my 'Name' not to 'The Keeper', does that make any difference, or signify anything - should DVLA have given my name, as well as address?

There are 2 photos, one shows vehicle entering site, the other leaving.

The notice/letter is dated 15 days after the 'contravention' and was received 3 days after. I will upload copies of the letter after making this post.

As they did not even send the letter until 14+1 days, is it likely they might still pursue for payment, after they receive the suggested letter that I have seen posted here by Ostell?

If this progressed to POPLA, would they immediately deny Smart, because of the date issue, or do they still sometimes make other decisions? I am trying to balance paying £54 against the likelihood of having to pay £90 or maybe much more - although my inclination is to challenge this.

I have also seen Ostell mention, which I think applies in this case: they have failed to issue the invitation to keeper, 9 (2) (e) or the notice of keeper liability, 9 (2) (f). There's also no period of parking. Moving in front of a camera is not, by definition, parking.

I am fairly confident that I should dispute this using the letter below, but do I have to make sure they receive my reply within 14 days of the date on their letter? Would a certificate of posting on the 14th day be alright, or should I fill in the online form if it is the final day?

Ostell Letter:

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper No. xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Tags: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smart Parking 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1589906
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Smart parking 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	1589909

Comment

Would be nice to be able to read the first page. You've also deleted the dates.

if the dates are more than 14 days then send that appeal and start work on your POPLA appeal to bring in all POFA defects.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Would be nice to be able to read the first page. You've also deleted the dates.

if the dates are more than 14 days then send that appeal and start work on your POPLA appeal to bring in all POFA defects.
          Thank you, for your advice. I was having difficulty trying to reduce the original down to a size that the forum would accept, so the quality deteriorated.

Comment

Use an external hosting site such as imgur for the images and put a link on here, as it says in the stickies

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X