• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need advice about a court claim. Mediation stage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice about a court claim. Mediation stage

Hello there,

Last month I received a court claim from Highview Parking for a parking fine I was apparently given back in 2017. They have my old registration (I haven't owned that car for over 2 years now) and the date, time and car park I committed the "offence" in.

I haven't received any communication from them at all except for the letter which is saying they're taking me to court.

I put a defence in with the court which is here word for word:

"I am disputing this almost 4 year old claim as I this is the
    first communication I have received about this issue. I do not
    live at
    the address that this notice was sent to and haven't for several
    years.

Please can proof of ticket issue be provided as like I said above,
    this is the first time I've heard of this. I haven't received any
    contact from anyone regarding this except for the Claim Form."

As mentioned in my defence. I haven't lived at the address above for over two years and the vehicle was scrapped 3 years ago (which was registered at this address. This is my parents address)

Now I've received a letter from the court which is asking me to fill out a mediation form if I want to go with this.

Please can anyone give me some advice with what to do here?

I've searched some forums and most of the cases state I should not go for mediation with highview under any circumstances.

Thank you!
    Tags: None

ostell

Comment

Des-8

Comment

The defence is not the greatest

A SAR to the parking company to see what they have about this. Too late for a CPR 31.14 request

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          The defence is not the greatest

A SAR to the parking company to see what they have about this. Too late for a CPR 31.14 request
          Thanks Ostell

Another forum told me my defence was not the greatest too. I may have messed up there.

They also recommended I get a SAR, although I don't see how this can help me win the case? Please may you kindly advise?

Comment

As said in pepipoo it will be a long time before this gets to court so you should get the data before that. You've mentioned the PCN in your defence so if it is not conforming to POFA then bring this into your witness statement

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X