• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IAS appeal rejected for parking in own space before we had a permit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAS appeal rejected for parking in own space before we had a permit

Hi all,

My husband and I moved to a new flat 1st December 2020. We have an allocated parking space but were not given a parking permit before moving in. We saw signs saying a permit was needed to park our car there so we contacted the estate agent who confirmed they had spoken to block management and it was agreed with the car park company (UKCPM) that we can park there with a note explaining we are waiting on a permit.

Surprisingly we received 8 parking tickets in total, two of which were subsequently cancelled via the block management. They are not cancelling subsequent ones and are not replying to our emails (we have no phone number for them). We've been through UKCPM appeals process online and finally our IAS appeals just got dismissed and we have 14 days to seek legal advice.

Having read some of the advice given on here, I did check our tenancy agreement and there is no mention of a parking space in there but we do have an email confirming that the estate agent said we can park with a note displayed. And before we moved in we did confirm the flat came with a parking space and there is indeed one allocated to us, with our flat number displayed on the space and we finally did receive a parking permit sometime in January 2021.

I just need help understanding where we stand now? Is there anything else we can do?

Thanks in advance
    ​​
    Tags: None

Check with the actual landlord if the parking space is with the demised property, ie he is the landholder for the space. It that is the case then the parking company are operating outside their terms as they do not have a contract with the landholder.

Pictures of the signs would probably help (on here and Pepipoo)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X