• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private PCN - How to deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private PCN - How to deal

Hi there,

I’m completely new to this so I do apologise if what I’m asking here has been answered before.

I pay weekly to my student accommodation to park in their car park and display my parking permit on my dash 24/7.

On 22/02/2021 I received a note on my windscreen to say my data had been recorded. I thought nothing of it, as I’m new to the car park and thought they may have recorded it because of that.

Today (01/03/21), back at home, I got a postal ‘Parking Charge Notice’ / NTK from a certain ‘Vehicle Control Services Ltd’. It’s a £100 fine for ‘not displaying a valid permit’, when, actually, I was doing.
    I’ll just let you know, the image they attached was the image of my dashboard and valid permit. This was attached to their ‘invoice’ (not fine) via post. I’m pretty sure the attendant was either blind or had a bad day, because if you ask me, that permit is quite clearly displayed. I can send it through if you wish, the forum wouldn’t let me attach it.

I would just like to know my next steps. There’s so much contradicting information from ‘let them take you to court’ or ‘appeal’. I’ve heard many hundreds of people say that this company ignore appeals and to just let them take you to court, which I’m happy with doing, as I did nothing wrong (literally nothing).

Do I go to my student accommodation? I’ve heard so much about independent adjudicators and POPLA or something or other, I’m a bit confused.

What is your advice? Thank you in advance!
    Tags: None

So use a hosting site such as imgur to host the photos and put the link on here

Try the people you pay for parking to try and get it cancelled

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X