• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPM parking notice 10 weeks late

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPM parking notice 10 weeks late

Good evening all, just came across this wonderful forum.

needed some help!

ive received a parking charge notice from CPM uk car park management about 10 weeks late. Date of “unauthorised parking” is 8/10/2020 @ 17:24. Letter received 24th December 2020.

There has never been any notice put on my car. This is for parking in private car spaces right opposite my house which is used by the factory and gym. It’s never been an issue last 3 years and the owner has informally said residents can use it as he owns a wedding venue there along with a gym - most people thus take up our parking spaces. Never been an issue until this parking notice.

anyhow all of a sudden I’ve received the below notice (will upload picture tomorrow as can’t seem to upload on ipad!)

1. am I right in thinking it should have been issued within 14 days? And not 2.5 months later.
    2. should they not be providing 2 photos?
    3. Were they meant to put a parking ticket physically on the windscreen at that time?

would appreciate any help as extremely frustrating.
    ​​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​​
    Tags: None

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act, failing to give the invitation to keeper as prescribed by 9 (2) (e) of the Act and failing to give the notice of keeper liability as required by 9 (2) (f).

You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Send first class post with free certificate of posting from a post office

In parallel contact the person who gave permission to park and see if that permission is still there

There does not have to be a ticket on the windscreen
    Last edited by ostell; 2nd January 2021, 16:48:PM.

Comment

many thanks for above. Here is the original notification

Comment

Appeal updated. Hope this wasn't a hire car

Comment

thank you ostell, it wasnt a hire car and also the owner is very rarely seen. No real way to get hold of him and not too friendly!
          will post off that letter tommorow and update here re outcome.

Comment

good evening all,

As way of update i have now received a response from the parking ticker issuing company. I wrote the letter as ostill kindly advised above.

basically they have rejected the appeal.

Letter attached - would appreciate any helps as to the next steps?

Comment

Nothing else you can do except see if they go to court

Comment

9(2)(a) failure as well. No period of parking stated on NtK. (A discrete time is not a period of time).
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  9(2)(a) failure as well. No period of parking stated on NtK. (A discrete time is not a period of time).
                  thanks both.

so slightly confused should I write back re above failure with respect to time?

thanks

Comment

They will continue to reject.

Come back when you get a letter before claim

Comment

Many thanks...will do

Help much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X