• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal - Wrong address on VC5 BUT was a member of the Gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal - Wrong address on VC5 BUT was a member of the Gym

Hello All,

I have read quite a few posts which would answer my question but the fact that my VC5 had the wrong address makes it a little complex.

I am currently trying to work out the best course of action for my situation.

Premier Park Ltd & BW Legal

- I was a member of the Gym in Southampton - received a parking fine for use of car park which i was allowed to use, not sure why this was sent in error.
    - My VC5 for the Car was at an old address
    - Premier Park sent correspondence to old address (not received by me)
    - BW Legal contacted me at the correct address.to chase debt.
    - I immediately called and then wrote to Premier Park to advise that i was a member of the Gym and at a new address.
    - Premier Park refuse to review the case but did reply to my correspondence in which i explained the situation.
    - BW Legal have now sent Country Court Claim including "recovery costs" of £60 at over £230+

Question

- I appreciate the VC5 should have been updated when i moved, is this enough to overshadow the fact that i was legally allowed to park in the car park?
    - Can i use the defense that has been mentioned on the forum regarding the £60 "Recovery Cost"?
    - Any other thoughts on a way forward here?

I am happy to read up on the steps required on what i need to do to appeal but i would just like someone who understands the process to factor in the VC5 and see if i am wasting my time.

Just frustrating as i was lawfully parked and have used the car park loads of times.

Thanks in Advance for any help

Tags: None

Sounds as though you have identified the driver. The extra may also be in the contract on the sign.

Have you not complained to the gym and asked them to cancel?

Dis they tell you the reason for the issue?

SAR request to Premier Park

Letter to BWL requesting all the documents that they intend to use in court in order to narrow the issues between you, as expected by the courts. As they have the documents to hand in order to issue the claim you expect these by return and in any case within 7 days.

After 5 days acknowledge the claim using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days to get your defence to the court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X