• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye fine: £100 for 22 minutes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye fine: £100 for 22 minutes

Hi everybody,

I hope everyone is keeping safe during pandemic. So today I received a parking ticket, never received one before in my life and I am absolutely baffled. I was 100 miles away from my house driving to pick up my wife, I parked at the nearest car park I could find since my phone died and I didn't have any other satnav. I got lost, saw a hotel sign it was absolutely empty, parked while my phone charged as soon as it was on I put my satnav on and was on my way. I have never left the vehicle. Please could somebody advise me if I can challenge them. I really cannot afford to pay that amount of money at this stage in my life.

Please see the attachment.

Thank you!

Alex

Many Thanks

Alex
    Tags: None

And the reverse of the PCN

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      And the reverse of the PCN
      Here is the reverse.

Thank you
      Attached Files
      Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

Only item incorrect is invitation to keeper, and perhaps period of parking

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

first class post with free certificate of posting from a post office

Comment

Dear Sirs,

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation to keeper in the format prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

first class post with free certificate of posting from a post office
          Thank you for your response. I just want to confirm if I’m understanding this correctly I’m telling them I was not the driver at the time even though I was ?

Thank you
          Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your response. I just want to confirm if I’m understanding this correctly I’m telling them I was not the driver at the time even though I was ?

Thank you

Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

So now you have told the world who the driver was !!!!

Comment

So now you have told the world who the driver was !!!!
                Not just once but twice!

Comment

ostell Hi, I hope you're well! They have sent this as a reply. Could you suggest the next step please ?

Thank you
                  Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

You could write to them and tell them that you understand their reference to Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act and as pointed out in your appeal you have failed to comply and therefore you cannot be held liable. Contrary to your statement there is no requirement within the Act that states I must identify the driver.

Comment

You could write to them and tell them that you understand their reference to Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act and as pointed out in your appeal you have failed to comply and therefore you cannot be held liable. Contrary to your statement there is no requirement within the Act that states I must identify the driver.
                      Thank you for your help! I will send them a response.
                      Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

ostell Hi, so I received a reply again from them. However, it looks very similar to the last one. Could you suggest what how I should respond to them again ? Would giving them address and contact number abroad would be sufficient enough for them ?

Thank you
                        Attached Files
                        Many Thanks

Alex

Comment

All that is required is the name and serviceable address of the driver. If that happens to be abroad then so be it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X