• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed

Hello everyone
    Any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated. I took out a finance agreement for my ex partner. When we split up I agreed he could keep the car and continue to make me the finance payments each month as I couldn’t afford to make them and he was happy to do so.
    Months later I received a call of him to tell me that the car had been stolen and that I needed to report it to the police. However they called me back to tell me it hadn’t been stolen it had been impounded by the local council for over £6000 worth of unpaid parking fines.
    I told him I was taking possession of the car back and had to pay £300 to get the car released. When I did I realised he had also added an addition 40000 miles to the car that was only mean to be doing 10000 a year.
    The council are now chasing me for the money for the fines arguing that as the registered keeper I am liable. My ex changed the address with the DVLA on the logbook so I was not aware of any of the fines. The council are aware of this but are now threading me on a daily basis. I’m just about managing to keep my head above water now having to pay the finance on this car and my own. Any help anyone could give me would be so very much welcome.
    many thanks
    Kathryn
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X