• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Multiple PCNs - Northern Ireland, Ignore or Pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple PCNs - Northern Ireland, Ignore or Pay?

Hi - thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any help.

I currently am in posession of seven Penalty Charge Notices here in Northern Ireland. These are not from private companies but, as far as I can tell, from the council and Department for Infrastructure.

These PCNs have been accumulated over the course of around three years. Around three of them have now been handed to dept collection agencies who have been hounding me with letters and even decreasing the amount I owe in an attempt to get me to pay.

My question is the obvious one: what will happen if I continue to ignore these fines?

Will I eventually just receive a court summons or will the police get involved in any way?

I'm aware that in Northern Ireland debt collectors are not allowed to enter your home but the law is so confusing I'm not sure how exactly these fines will be enforced.

I have never admitted to being the driver during any of these incidents.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by griffinmill; 13th September 2019, 22:16:PM.
    Tags: None

Further details @ https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...charge-notices where it suggests for further refusal to pay may result in the vehicle being clamped and/or removed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X