• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal overstay letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bw legal overstay letter

Just recieved a letter from bwlegal... their client premier park limited.

Stating I had an overstay in December 2015. This is the first letter I have received...it states the balance due is 100 plus clients initial legal Costs of 60pounds. It says i have failed to make an appeal within 28days from the date of the con...and they require payment in full within 14 days from the date of the letter. The date being 12 April...and we have recieved it 18th April. So 1 week has gone already(and its Easter bank holiday). If we fail to make payment or provide reasons of nom payment then they will seek clients instructions to commence legal proceedings.

I have no further information except the car reg. And the date 13 December 2015...and that it was an overstay and which car park...... halfords.. think this is where you can stay so many hours only..... rarely use that car park so not sure.

Any idea what to do ?.... point is this is the first letter we have recieved.... so we haven't had a chance to appeal etc. And it was over 3 year ago so we have no memory of what happened ...and have an information of dates and times...photos etc.....
    Last edited by Deefa; 18th April 2019, 14:38:PM.
    Tags: None

Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred. Use "the driver....." etc.

So have you moved house in December 2015, or later? If you did did you update the V5 document, the car registration?

Who is the letter asking you to pay? BWL or another company? It would help to see the letter so post it up here suitably redacted so that you can't be identified.

So a letter to them:

Dear Sirs,

with reference to Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

This is the first communication I have had of any alleged debt to your client.

Your client has failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the Notice to Keeper within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. Your client cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

I was not, and could not possibly be, the driver at the time and there is no legal requirement to name the driver and I will not be able to do so after the passage of such a long period of time.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment.

Yours etc

Send first class post and get a free certificate of posting from a post office.

Comment

Thank you so much .... I'm very new to this site so cant even work out how to edit my post..... we moved house in summer of 2015 but changed the address straight away so surely it would be processed by December . We have since changed cars twice. When I get home I will sort attaching a copy of the letter for you to see in more detail. Again thanks for your help

Comment

On the blue bar beneath your post you will see "Edit" towards the right. click on that to edit your post.

Did you change the address on the car registration, the V5? Many times people change the details on their driving licence and think that is sufficient, it is not. The DVLA can also be slow.

To attach to the site put the photos on a hosting site such as imgur and add the link to this thread.

Comment

Thanks again.. I will try upload to another site when I get home. .. I'm pretty sure I changed the address on the v5.... to be honest as I mentioned I dont drive and everything is usually left to the usual car owner and driver etc ... I was told to change address on something and I did..... and as this was about 4 years ago I cant remember that far back .... but again I will try attach image of the letter...and if you still agree with the.above letter you put on I will send that to them on Tuesday due to it being Easter.

Comment

If what I put in that letter is true then send it to them. It's a stake in the ground. Also ask for copies of any documents that they intend to rely on in court in order to narrow the issues between you. As they are contemplating issuing a claim then in order to perform due diligence then you expect them to have all the documents to hand and you require them delivered to you within 7 days.

If you change that letter but it up here first for critique before you send..

Remember not to identify any potential driver, not that you could after this amount of time.

Comment

ive hopefully managed to attach the letter with all personal detailed blocked out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X