• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN BW Legal Vehicle Control Services Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN BW Legal Vehicle Control Services Limited

Hi Everyone,

Just received a letter from BW Legal stating providing their witness statement and a court date.

I submitted a letter from the DVLA confirming that I was not the registered keeper when the ticket was issued (I sold the car 6 mths earlier).

Regardless of this I find I now have a pending court date, but could any give advise on the following:

1. Should the court not provide the official court date or do I just attend based on the letter from BW Legal.
    2. It doesnt state that I should attend.
    2. Do you know why they wont accept a letter from the DVLA confirming I wasnt the registered owner but instead asking to provide bank details and the name of the new driver but this was a few years ago and I dont feel I should pass this information to them.
    3. Can I counter sue to the time and stress this had caused.

Many Thanks
    Amanda
    Tags: None

You do not take instructions from BW Legal, you respond to the court alone. What was your defence and what have you got as a witness statement? When has your witness statement to be submitted? The details should be on the court letter.

if there is any doubt about dates phone the court.

tell us what stage you think you are at

They are just keeping pressure on you to get money and there is no liabilty on you to provide keepers details, that's the job of the DVLA. It's too late now, I believe, to issue a counterclaim but you could try for full costs for their unreasonable behaviour in continuing action when they knew there was no liability

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X