• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant of Control

Long story but in July I had a bailiff at my door to collect £393 for 2 offenses parking ticket and driving in a bus lane, I was at work so my mum dealt with it and paid

a month later we had a letter stating they were after 408 now, I ask what it was for and was told driving in a bus lane, which i thought i had paid for

I requested copies of the video were the Bailiff state it was for 2 Offense, which we are still waiting for and copies of the warrant

I have attached a copy of the warrant but don't see the court seal or a signature, it was my understanding that a court seal/Signature was required.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

The Warrant is correct and the Bailiff should probably be looking to collect £393 to satisfy it. The sum you quoted previously for "2" offences is low and suggests it was only for one offence.

Were you aware of the original offences? You should have had a variety of notices sent to you from the Council.

Comment

Thanks, yeah but due to Personal issues at the time (Dad was Ill) it got forgot about, my fault i know

When their agent attend site he was very Aggressive and intimidating to my mum and to me on the phone.

Both me and my mum have agreed that he said that the 393 was for both offenses, im still waiting on the video for this and wont be dropping it.

Just wanted to know if the Warrant needed a court seal or Signature

Comment

Originally posted by twstevens.uk View Post
        Thanks, yeah but due to Personal issues at the time (Dad was Ill) it got forgot about, my fault i know

When their agent attend site he was very Aggressive and intimidating to my mum and to me on the phone.

Both me and my mum have agreed that he said that the 393 was for both offenses, im still waiting on the video for this and wont be dropping it - well I wouldn't hold your breath as mostly these files are only retained for a very short period, that and it is amazing how many suffer from "technical" issues

Just wanted to know if the Warrant needed a court seal or Signature - it is fine as it is as it was sent electronically.
        If both offences were dealt together there should have been 2 Warrants @ £83 each + 2 Compliance Fees @ £75 each + 1 Enforcement Fee @ £235 - total = £551. In my view there seems to have been only one with the other still outstanding. Have you just requested the Body Worn Video or a full Subject Access Request?

Comment

Thanks Body Worn Video, What is the "full Subject Access Request"

If they refuse or Technical Issues, I will pass this up the chain as not dropping this as the day they attended my property my mum was in tears after as he was very aggressive to her and she felt threaten by him and to me on the phone, I wont be spoken to like that and have my mum in tears

Just wanted to know if the Warrant needed a court seal or Signature - it is fine as it is as it was sent electronically. i know its a fine but the WOC has Northampton Court on so if it went their they surely would have signed or stamped it?

Comment

The Court at Northampton is the Traffic Enforcement Centre and as such is an Administrative Court rather than a Court where you appear. All processes are done electronically and do not need a signature or seal.

A Subject Access Request - SAR - is a means of asking an organisation of what data they hold on you. Following a change in the law earlier this year it is now free and they have 30 days in which to reply to you although some will make you go through hoops to make sure you are who you say you are. Asking a Bailiff firm to produce what info they have can be quite revealing as it should list what happened at each step of enforcement. If asking for this then you should also be asking for any phone conversations and in the case of BWV all the footage, You will need to look up how you can construct a request but a simple one is just as effective:

Dear Sir
            Please provide any & all information you hold on Mr Bloggs of 123 Toytown to include any communication whether in writing or electronically. This should also include any telephone calls or footage contained on Body Worn Video by any of your employees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X