• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dvla requisition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvla requisition

Dear All

Just received a Requisition order from DVLA "No ASN Required", this is for a failed to notify change of ownership. Contained within the notice is a set court date for 2nd September.

I'm not quite sure what to do as its a little complicated on my part! I'll try and explain.

My business collapsed in August 2013 and had to be put into liquidation. The business rented a office within a complex and included parking spots. Parked in one off these spaces was a van that was registered to myself and not the business. When it came to removing my vehicle the landlord refused to grant access to both the office and vehicle, even though we had to remove information for the IP, in fact he blatantly refused to cooperate at all. He informed both myself and the IP that he was claiming the vehicle as payment for outstanding monies even though he had no right!!!!! In fact he applied for the logbook for the vehicle direct to DVLA even though I had not agreed to its transfer or sale. After some deliberation, and discussion with both my wife and the IP, I decided to transfer the vehicle to avoid anymore grief as the vehicle had limited value anyway. I then filled out to change of owner slip, which I put in the name of the company who owned to office complex and this was after the date when he applied for the V5, but heard nothing.

My point is that the application for the V5 should never have been accepted by DVLA and i have posted the change of owner slip. I also think that the business owner has tried to pull a fast one and register it in his name.

What should I do? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have filled in a not guilty plead and returned it to the court today.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X