• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Topping Up for Idiot Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topping Up for Idiot Me

I tend to drive too fast on duel [oops but that's too good to correct] carriage ways, I mean just over the limit, so I have had a succession of SP30's over the years. I currently have six points - with the soonest to disappear being Jan 2020, but unfortunately I have two offences against me both of which ran out of time due to disorganisation, travelling and having a post office box. The first from West Mercia Police said I could apply to take a Speed Awareness Course, which I have now done, even though I am outside the time limit. In my experience they can sometimes let things slip through - or that used to be the way - eg I have been on half a dozen SAC's and definitely not 3 years apart.

Meanwhile the Metropolitan Police have taken a dim view of the fact that when I filled out the Driver Info form they sent me I wrote "without prejudice" on it and this may have been what caused them to state that I had not paid (I did) and did not send license (I sent the current and a duplicate which happened to be in my wallet) - they sent them both back stuck to the correspondence. This morning I spoke to the Met and they said a Single Justice Procedure will be sent out.

I am clearly as guilty as sin of missing deadlines etc and so don't have a leg to stand on - however this hearing will presumably be the death of my driving license for some time - I do not claim to be innocent but will I have the opportunity to request clemency due to mitigating circumstances / genuine contrition / financial hardship and just general enormous regret?
    Last edited by Macadamia; 22nd January 2019, 20:54:PM. Reason: wanted to add the tag
    Tags: 12 points

The single justice will not disqualify you from driving in your absence. If a disqualification is a possibility there will be a public hearing before magistrates or a judge. This might happen if your speed was very high or if you will reach 12 penalty points.

Pointers for a letter of mitigation: https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/in-busi...ught-speeding/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X