• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can the police withdraw the offer of driver awareness course after payment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the police withdraw the offer of driver awareness course after payment?

Hello,

I received notification that I was speeding and opted for a driver awareness course. They wrote to me to offer the course and I paid. In the meantime I received a fixed penalty letter which needs to be dealt with today or it will be over the 28 days. I can't get hold of the police office because they closed at 1pm.

I did do a driver awareness course a few months ago, but I thought they were being kind to offer me another.

Can they withdraw the original offer, even though I have paid? I haven't got a date for the course yet.

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Can they withdraw the original offer, even though I have paid? I haven't got a date for the course yet.
    Yes they can. Deciding how to deal with a speeding offence is entirely at their discretion. Courses have no basis in law. You can only do one course in three years and they obviously realised you'd already done one. You should receive a refund.

I received a fixed penalty letter which needs to be dealt with today or it will be over the 28 days. I can't get hold of the police office because they closed at 1pm.
    Why do you need to contact the police?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X