• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary surrender _ they said no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary surrender _ they said no

I have just spoken to them they said they cannot collect the car until a default notice has expired on the 30th august I gave them notice of termination on the 12th am I in my rights now to cancel everything this is so stressful and hard to understand

Comment

For the DVLA you can go here -> https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

In fact you could probably do that now as you have technically terminated the agreement so you no longer have rights to use it. Then once you received confirmation from the DVLA you should cancel the tax if they have not made arrangements by the end of the 14 days.

You could also send a polite reminder that they have failed to arrange collection and the 14 day period is nearly expired. To avoid any further complications they should contact you immediate otherwise you will cancel the tax and insurance without further notice, and the DVLA is in the process of being notified that they are the registered keeper.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks very much do you suggest I get in touch with the ombudsman and if so what do you suggest i put? Sorry to be so reliant but you have been extremely helpful and kind

Comment

Its not really an ombudsman issue, its just their lack of response and/or deliberate ignorance. They have been given sufficient notice but continue to ignore so the fault is on them and not you.

This is why sending them emails and a polite reminder shows that you have done everything you can and they have had ample opportunities to respond.
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thank-you by me notifying the dvla of them being the owner does this mean I still have to do anything else?

Comment

Nope, it means that when you cancel the tax and insurance you won't be getting any fines from the DVLA, it will be The Car Finance Company. I would suggest once that this is all done, send a a final email to confirm what you have done. Just make sure you have been sending letters/emails to the correct address in case they dispute the fact that nothing was received.

It looks as though you have because you had a response from them, so as long as they are being sent to the correct email address there shouldn't be any problem.

Since the problem is no longer yours, you would need to hand over the keys as well somehow and if their office is too distant from you then you might need to send it special delivery to their head office.
              LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Thanks very much I shall send the keys via special delivery today I cannot wait to get this out my hair thanks for all your help.

Comment

Well, I would wait the 14 days first before sending them, and if you do send them put a cover note with your agreement number and registration number too so they know what to look for.
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

With the change of ownership the tax will be automatically cancelled ( the not so new rules) and you should get a rebate on the tax. Insurance is up to you when you cancel.

Now take the camera and take multiple photographs of the car to show that there is no damage, inside and out. Include a photo of the current days newspaper.

Comment

Thank-you very much

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X