• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Manchester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Manchester

So, I took my fiancee up to Manchester this evening to visit the Coronation Street tour, and we parked up in a side street to go and grab food beforehand. Came back to a PCN for not parking within the bay, although I was the end bay, and at the time of me parking there was a car in the bay infront anyway, along with no signage stipulating that I needed to park within the bay itself.

I have attached some photos, so can anyone advise whether I can challenge this PCN or whether I should just pay the £25 charge?

Main points:

- I was inside the lines, but over the section designated for the car.
    - There was a car parked in front of me anyhow before I parked, therefore I couldn't have been preventing anybody else using the space.
    - Although you could say it is common sense given the markings, there is no signage to stipulate that I must park in the designated individual box (the only sign by the area I parked in is the one attached).
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN Manchester

[MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] [MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION] any advice?

Comment

Sorry no idea with council tickets.

M1

Comment

I'd pay the £25 reduced penalty.
        You were outside the box and where I live that's a penalty

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          I'd pay the £25 reduced penalty.
          You were outside the box and where I live that's a penalty
          I thought that might be the case, but the fact that there isn't any signs stipulating it - would that make any difference?

Comment

Where you pay to park in a marked parking bay you only have a licence to occupy one bay.
            Did you pay for two?
            I don't think they need to sign it, although it might have been mentioned on the pay machine.

The only grounds I can see for a possible appeal are that the CEO may be supposed to observe the vehicle for a period of time if they are issuing a ticket for "Not parkedcorrectly withinthe markings of the bay or space". That will depend on Manchester's policy.

Comment

[MENTION=39710]des8[/MENTION] thanks for the info, I've paid it anyway. As you know I have bigger fish to contend with!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X